A newbie's thoughts, in the midst of first harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A newbie's thoughts, in the midst of first harvest

First of all, the Grow Weed Easy website is probably one of THE best of MOST offerings - OF ANY TOPIC! I used to create computer-based training and can tell you Nebula Haze and Sirius Fourside probably thought it out a while. I continue to glean wisdom, as I transition into my second grow. I sincerely hope they've been/are adequately compensated, somehow!

Next, the kind forum members, especially the regulars, have been invaluable.

My personal, perhaps oddball, perspectives are that flexibility has been key to arriving at this moment. I ran out of PH down about a month ago. I've been substituting pure lemon juice successfully, so far. I wouldn't mind making it permanent but Toker1 brought up some valuable considerations, regarding buffers. At the very least lemon juice has been a crop saver and I won't hesitate to use it again, if necessary. Of course, now that my first grow is aLmost finished, my PD Down arrives today...

My grow hasn't been perfect. I've had discoloration and almost yanked one plant, thinking it wasn't going to be a viable producer. @Canuk147 and others advised me to let it ride - that it "might surprise" me. It did. This plant turned out to be a surprise Sativa and a decent producer. As a mattter of fact, it is the first and only plant that I have consumed so far. Considering I have been impatient, not letting the buds fully cure - I AM SIMPLY AMAZED at the taste and effect. My first grow has been autos, so that's another consideration.

I don't own a scale. I am making a guess that I have harvested at least 1/2 ounce (13 grams), dried, so far. I will probably have three or four ounces, once I'm finished harvesting. That should tide me over until my second crop is ready.

I am very happy/satisfied with my 315W LEC light. I will probably only grow three plants in my next crop. Four plants definitely maximized the available illumination. I DEFINITELY appreciate the amount of trichomes it evokes from my girls. Nebula just wrote up a comparison between LEC and LED light. She says that the LED light produced more THC but that the LEC made more trichomes. Myself, I'll take the trichomes and flavor, knowing my LEC light provides enough THC for me.

Knowing how potent my Sativa is not even being fully cured makes me wonder - What the f#*k I'VE BEEN PAYING THE DISPENSARIES FOR??!!

I notice that, for most people, the GWE forum is a transient stop. I guess they get the information they want/need and move on. I can't rightly say how active I will be, moving forward. I can tell you that I believe in contributing and acknowledging the efforts of some very nice people. I hope this post is helpful to brand new newbies - YOU GOT THIS!
    Last edited by BR2K; 05-08-2020, 03:09 PM.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

I concur.
    (I like my LEDs though 😊 )
    Happy Harvest!! Btw has anyone heard from Toker1 ?

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      You lurker lolol. How ya been?

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha. Been well.
      Got the outdoor garden going this week. Been busy with that.
      How are you?

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! We're doin well, stayin safe. Gittin ready to flip my 3rd grow & hopin it's the charm.

Originally posted by BR2K View Post
    First of all, the Grow Weed Easy website is probably one of THE best of MOST offerings - OF ANY TOPIC! I used to create computer-based training and can tell you Nebula Haze and Sirius Fourside probably thought it out a while. I continue to glean wisdom, as I transition into my second grow. I siincerely hope they've been/are adequately compensated, somehow!

Next, the kind forum members, especially the regulars, have been invaluable.

My personal, perhaps oddball, perspectives are that flexibility has been key to arriving at this moment. I ran out of PH down about a month ago. I've been substituting pure lemon juice successfully, so far. I wouldn't mind making it permanent but Toker1 brought up some valuable considerations, regarding buffers. At the very least lemon juice has been a crop saver and I won't hesitate to use it again, if necessary. Of course, now that my first grow is aLmost finished, my PD Down arrives today...

My grow hasn't been perfect. I've had discoloration and almost yanked one plant, thinking it wasn't going to be a viable producer. @Canuk147 and others advsed me to let it ride - that it "might surprise" me. It did. This plant turned out to be a surprise Sativa and a decent producer. As a mattter of fact, it is the first and only plant that I have consumed so far. Considering I have been impatient, not letting the buds fully cure - I AM SIMPLY AMAZED at the taste and effect. My first grow has been autos, so that's another consideration.

I don't own a scale. I am making a guess that I have harvested at least 1/2 ounce (13 grams), dried, so far. I will probably have three or four ounces, once I'm finished harvesting. That should tide me over until my second crop is ready.

I am very happy/satisfied with my 315W LEC light. I will probably only grow three plants in my next crop. Four plants definitely maximized the available illumination. I DEFINITELY appreciate the amount of trichomes it evokes from my girls. Nebula just wrote up a comparison between LEC and LED light. She says that the LED light produced more THC but that the LEC made more trichomes. Myself, I'll take the trichomes and flavor, knowing my LEC light provides enough THC for me.

Knowing how potent my Sativa is not even being fully cured makes me wonder - What the f#*k I'VE BEEN PAYING THE DISPENSARIES FOR??!!

I notice that, for most people, the GWE forum is a transient stop. I guess they get the information they want/need and move on. I can't rightly say how active I will be, moving forward. I can tell you that I believe in contributing and acknowledging the efforts of some very nice people. I hope this post is helpful to brand new newbies - YOU GOT THIS!
    Just wait until you relize how addicting just the growing is....
    I'm a 42 year grower (not 42yo) and still drop strawberries/garlic/comfrey/nettles/ and currently chillies to my exra grow space...lol

cheers/

Comment

• BR2K
      BR2K commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, the ONLY way I'll grow vegetables, is in a tent. I have had it with critters devouring my harvest. That and the light is easy to control.

Another thought that struck me, as I impatiently wait for my first crop to finish: Of the four plants, I attempted to top three of them (they're all autos). I succeeded with two - A cheese and a supposed Northern Light. My fastest grower, another cheese, I screwed up the topping.

The two that were topped are significantly shorter and produced great harvests. The Northern Light (or AK47 or whatever they dumped in my package) is the shortest, DENSEST plant of the crop. The effects of the buds are the hardest hitting - and it's NOT EVEN FINISHED yet!

I have my seedling crop basically in a holding pattern, waiting for their turn in the tent.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X