Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new plant showingyellow on leaf

Hi,
    I had 2 seeds left from last year so decided to plant them up, its only my second time of growing, so a newbie.
    Both plants started growing quite quick, one looks strong and healthy, the other has yellow marks on the lower leaf,
    and the next leaf up has a bit of yellow at edge. They are 2 diferent variety, do you think the yellowing is okay, I'm growing in a pollytunnel, dont know if that makes a difference. As I'm in lockdown in the UK I don't have access to more seeds, so was hoping these would grow, any thoughts please.

What kind of soil is it ? What is the PH level?
    do you have drainage in the polytunnel/pot?
    what about nutrients?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• F10werChyld
      F10werChyld commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow Captain! Great minds think alike!

What are you growing them in? Do you have a way to check the pH? Are you using any nutrients yet or just water?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wouldn’t say I’m a great mind. Spent 5 years in the army as a professional.. to many years to long. What is why I’m sick now and growing for my PTSD. But thank you for the compliment! I always appreciate kind words👍🏻

Originally posted by divaling View Post
    Hi,
    I had 2 seeds left from last year so decided to plant them up, its only my second time of growing, so a newbie.
    Both plants started growing quite quick, one looks strong and healthy, the other has yellow marks on the lower leaf,
    and the next leaf up has a bit of yellow at edge. They are 2 diferent variety, do you think the yellowing is okay, I'm growing in a pollytunnel, dont know if that makes a difference. As I'm in lockdown in the UK I don't have access to more seeds, so was hoping these would grow, any thoughts please.
    standard approching nute burn

IMO: potup to the next size pot add 30% perlite or clean river sand
    mix well..and potup.. no nutes for 2 weeks
    consider applying neem oil to prevent any PM and bugs later

good luck

Comment

Thanks for your replies, I'm not very up on PH LEVELS. there potted up in ordinary potting compost, in pots with drainage. I have re-potted both but obviously the yellowed leaf wont change, just hoping new leaves look better, the other stronger one is doing great with same conditions, but they were different seeds. will have to look up neem oil, I havn't heard of it. Will re-post in a month or two to show how there getting on.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X