Clawing Leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Clawing Leaves

Can someone please help me figure out what’s going on ? I thought it was wind burn at first but the affected leafs are farthest away from the fan I also reposition they fans a few days ago and they don’t seem to be getting better, in fact they seem to gradually be getting worse. Also the stem is noticeably smaller than the rest... should I cut it off or leave it? Also how long can a light schedule be interrupted before the plant shows signs ? My lights are schedule to turn on at 5 am on an 18-6 schedule however when I went to check on my plants today at 4 pm the lights were off. I believe I knocked out the power strip about 2-3 hours earlier but I’m not 100 percent sure. Worse case scenario what should I do about the light interruption ?

How are the temps inside the tent? I think I saw a bit of tacoing. It's also possible that the light is too close. Usually, an interruption like that won't hurt while they are in veg. You won't trigger flowering early unless that happened for several days straight with them in the dark 12 hours or more.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Originally posted by N00b View Post
      Can someone please help me figure out what’s going on ? I thought it was wind burn at first but the affected leafs are farthest away from the fan I also reposition they fans a few days ago and they don’t seem to be getting better, in fact they seem to gradually be getting worse. Also the stem is noticeably smaller than the rest... should I cut it off or leave it? Also how long can a light schedule be interrupted before the plant shows signs ? My lights are schedule to turn on at 5 am on an 18-6 schedule however when I went to check on my plants today at 4 pm the lights were off. I believe I knocked out the power strip about 2-3 hours earlier but I’m not 100 percent sure. Worse case scenario what should I do about the light interruption ?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=402129&type=thumb.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	402143
      Like above..? is not clawing leaves thats a nute thing (where the leaf type of rolls up from the point)
      this above is too dry an air often confused with high temps, like 30%Rh and below

increase the humidity to about 70-65%
      leave water around like damp towels and an odd bucket to increase that air water
      check constantly

as for the timer fault ...they will live- be pissed but chill overtime

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by UndergroundFarmer View Post
        How are the temps inside the tent? I think I saw a bit of tacoing. It's also possible that the light is too close. Usually, an interruption like that won't hurt while they are in veg. You won't trigger flowering early unless that happened for several days straight with them in the dark 12 hours or more.
        I have tacoing on may be 1-2 leaves but again it is on a stem farther from the light. The clawing is actually just a node under the tacoing on the same stem. Temps usually stay around 70-78 with rh around 60-70

Comment

Originally posted by vostok View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=402129&type=thumb.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.2 KB ID:	402143
          Like above..? is not clawing leaves thats a nute thing (where the leaf type of rolls up from the point)
          this above is too dry an air often confused with high temps, like 30%Rh and below

increase the humidity to about 70-65%
          leave water around like damp towels and an odd bucket to increase that air water
          check constantly

as for the timer fault ...they will live- be pissed but chill overtime

good luck
          That is the only leaf doing that. A few others are clawing . I initially had a humidifier to control rh but I removed it maybe a week ago. Temps

Comment

Originally posted by N00b View Post

That is the only leaf doing that. A few others are clawing . I initially had a humidifier to control rh but I removed it maybe a week ago. Temps
            I'd return the humidifier as it was doing its job

cheers

Comment

That is a pretty High humidity, 65-70? I would not do that, with such a large plant. 44-50% humidity should easily do the job. And then you avoid WPM. When your leaves are so close to each other.
              Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
              You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWiese91 View Post
                That is a pretty High humidity, 65-70? I would not do that, with such a large plant. 44-50% humidity should easily do the job. And then you avoid WPM. When your leaves are so close to each other.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	cannabis-info-The-ideal-humidity-levels-for-growing-cannabis2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.4 KB ID:	402219
                yeah ...ok whatever blowya=dressup
                Last edited by vostok; 05-06-2020, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                  CaptainWiese91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know the picture Sir. But still my personal opinion is that you can do it with lower humidity and are not in the risk zone of being attacked by WPM. But I’m sorry if offended you, what it clearly seems like 😅

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X