Seedling problem: only one leaf!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seedling problem: only one leaf!

Hi guys! I have a problem with my seedling. As you can see in the picuters, there is only one big leaf and the other ones are really tiny, can't even really see them. The seed germinated 5 days ago (1st picture - sorry for the bad quality) and today still looks like in the other pictures.
    To give you more info: I'm cultivating in a 20 liters pot outdoor. The soil is general soil for plants and followers, never had problems before. The pot gets direct sunlight for at least 7-8 hours a day, and it gets light accodding to the sun cycle we have now in italy. It is a pineapple express auto.

Any idea on what is going on? Should I keep trying with this one or should I give up and plant another seed?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Hello and welcome to the forum Lufra just want to say hope all is well in your country and things are easing up for you all. I just think you got a mutant funky seed. Do you ever start them indoors and let them get a little bigger before you put them in a big pot? Now some strains react so different to there potting mix than others. We highly recommend perlite little tiny aeriated rocks to mix in our home soils help loosen not compact when it gets watered. Autos love long hrs of sunlight, not too hot right off but they do love long hrs of sun like 18hrs or more. I would probley do another seed cause this one is in such a poor health state it make take her 2x as long if she ever does grow. Best of Luck...
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks for your reply and advice! I think I'll do as you suggest, and this one I'll just keep for fun, just to see how it grows, if it ever will!

Comment

I zoomed in on the last photo and can see 2 tiny new leaves forming so I think it will grow fine as soon as those other leaves develop. It's just going to be a slow start with only 1 cotyledon.

Comment

• Lufra
          Lufra commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopefully you're right! Thanks for your reply!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X