Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Always germinated seeds successfully, but this time i can't

Hello,

I've been growing for a relatively short time. 5 plants in total. But the point is another: for those plants, i just put the seeds inside a wet napkin covered by two plates and within 48 hours they would sprout pretty much always (lost one seed out of 6). Recently i bought a batch of seeds from a local farm, and after sorting out the dead ones i was left with about 50 healthy seeds. But for the life of me, i can't germinate any of them. I tried putting them in water, inside a ziplock bag full of air and with the aforementioned two plates method. I even tried putting them directly in soil (tried both normal and mixed with coffee grounds). I even experimented with varying amounts of water. After more than a week, none of them ever sprouted, and some even started to mold.

Temperature and humidity should be fine, and so is the water's ph. Yet, nothing. Some became black, some have rotten. But not a single one germinated successfully.

I would assume that i did something wrong, but what i did worked for me before... is there some "secret trick"? is there a chance that the seeds have to "mature" for some time before being ready to germinate?

I am really lost. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance <3

Sounds to me like you got bad seeds. You do know how to germinate.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I always just put the seeds right in the soil. But as you describe, if your method was working before. I think you got bad seeds as alltatup says
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Ya sounds like it's just bad seeds man that's a bummer
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hello fellas, thanks to you all for the answers. Yeah, in the end they might just have been bad seeds. I was so pumped up for the start of a new plantation that i was kind of in denial about it.

Just bought some serious seeds online. Hopefully those would grow better.

In the meantime, i'm stuck with the random ass seed i found at the bottom of a bag forgotten deep in my drawer. That one grew, and i'm just hoping it turns out to be female.

thanks again!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Some of the best weed came from unknown bag seed we've all grown them before there were online seed sales. So when you feel like doing some again just for shits and giggles I sure would. I got 2 now no idea what strain but should be from top shelf bud I bought just don't want to mess with them yet, I go all fems. now when I buy seeds and I've had males in those so?? Good luck on the new grow

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Navaryn The serious ass seeds will perform much better than the random ass seeds, you'll see!!! ;-}

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X