Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Droopy seedling is ruining my grow tent set up and transplant celebration happy hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Droopy seedling is ruining my grow tent set up and transplant celebration happy hour

One of my four seedlings was looking a little droopy about 36 hours after I watered it in its solo cup. It started getting droopy towards the end of the day yesterday and the soil was nearly dry but I was going to do the upside down dump of the solo cup this morning to transplant so I did not water last night. I transplanted all four this morning (upside down dump went well) and just did a small amount of watering directly around the plants when I transplanted. The other three plants look okay to me. But the one is still looking a little droopy. When I look at the pictures on GWE, my plant seems most similar to under watering to me but with the 2 &1/2 weeks of growing experience under my belt, I really do not know, hence seeking opinions/advice. Picture is attached of the droopy seedling in its new home.

Spent quite a bit of time today getting all of my grow tent set up finished with fans, wiring and timers, getting temperature right and I was sort of looking forward to a celebration cocktail or two but now I am a little worried. Should I keep on celebrating or should I be worried about the health of this seedling. Many thanks for your responses. Take care...

Does it only look droopy towards the evening?

Comment

Hey ChefWood, well, the first time it got droopy was yesterday evening but it was droopy again this morning and is still that way after transplanting.

Comment

You may have shocked the plant. Did you damage the roots in any way? You may want to lower the amount of sunlight she receives to help her heal. I’m not an expert by any means but I killed a plant because a transplant before. You just have to hope for the best and don’t make any rationale decisions.

Comment

Time to celebrate - have a drink or two - word from the wise - "Do not tend to the plants when drunk."

Plant looks pretty good - can't compare them to the others - cuz I can't see em.

You should water your whole pot - underwaterered - quite possible. Water your whole pot - did I already say that? - so your plant can spread her roots to all corners. Now pick up your pot and feel how heavy it is - when it is light light light - then - water it again. Probably be 4 or 5 days to wait til it's dry.

Good luck growing.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

You may have shocked the plant. Did you damage the roots in any way? You may want to lower the amount of sunlight she receives to help her heal. I’m not an expert by any means but I killed a plant because a transplant before. You just have to hope for the best and don’t make any rationale decisions.

Comment

They can go into shock or git a little stressed from transplanting. Especially when you tear the bottom off the rootball like I do *yes on purpose. It should be fine. Like Canuck said give her enough water but don't overwater trying to bring her back!

Comment

You just transplanted, give the plant a chance to get her "footing". The soil in that pot looks dry. When you transplant you want to pre-moisten the soil before planting. Soil needs to absorb some water before you plant otherwise when you attempt to water it runs down the sides initially.

How did the roots look when you took the plant out of solo cup? If lots of roots, maybe a little root bound. If very few maybe poor root development.

That plant doesn't look that bad, surely not bad enough to stop celebrating🍻. Always keep an eye on your plants😉

Have a good weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
                  Time to celebrate - have a drink or two - word from the wise - "Do not tend to the plants when drunk."

Plant looks pretty good - can't compare them to the others - cuz I can't see em.

You should water your whole pot - underwaterered - quite possible. Water your whole pot - did I already say that? - so your plant can spread her roots to all corners. Now pick up your pot and feel how heavy it is - when it is light light light - then - water it again. Probably be 4 or 5 days to wait til it's dry.

Good luck growing.
                  I actually weigh mine daily and water when they get within a certain range. And I agree, plant looks fine.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X