Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't find info about harvesting autoflowers in sections: Good idea or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find info about harvesting autoflowers in sections: Good idea or not?

Hi all! Happy to be here! First grow and it looks like the colas may be developing more quickly than lower buds. I hear it could be wise to harvest a plant in sections in some instances; however, I'm having trouble finding info specific to autoflowers and harvesting in sections. What are your thoughts?

Background: I'm growing some Dwarf Low Fliers and they've been through the laundry list of newbie mistakes. Pleasantly surprised they're still alive! So yeah, they've been stressed, alright.

Comment

It's not unusual to do staged harvests. Cut the tops and let the lowers finish.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• MaxR
        MaxR commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the reply. With autoflowers, though? Everything I've read about this pertains to photoperiod. Wouldn't cutting the cola off an autoflower, particularly one that is already stressed, affect yields, (in much the same way that most training methods are not ideal for autoflowers)?

• gbauto
        gbauto commented
        Editing a comment
        The only difference between auto's and photo's training techniques is that on auto's your playing against a time clock. You only have a few weeks to modify the plant's structure before it begins flowering.
        Once it has flowered, it behaves the same as a photo in flower.

• MaxR
        MaxR commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, very interesting! A magical plant indeed!

I would most certainly do it and have. It's OK think about doing it....your plant has completed it's cycle just lower half needs more light do to large cola blocking out overhead light. In nature the sun surrounds the plants better...hence why we need more light and reflective material for it to bounce off of . I'm pretty simple and see things in a simple manner. You go ahead a pluck the ripe tops off else you let go further the effects your trying to achieve could go down hill. Got it? Good luck oh this is what I've done and got a few years experience doing it LOL
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X