Different strains - flowering time and autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Different strains - flowering time and autos

This is my first indoor and I got what I sowed. I need to sort out flowering time and space in some way. I’m going to lollipop them later. Can’t have another tent or use a closet.
    I’ve got 2 autos and female Gorilla Zkitezz (GZ) all LST. Very small grow tent 50/50/100, LED, carbon, fans.
    Plants are healthy and strong, no problem noticed. They are 5 weeks old. Purple Punch Auto is flowering and looks promising, my number 1 (it has 3 leaves per tier). Gorilla Glue (auto) still in veg. Female GZ needs to be switched 12/12 to flower.
    I’ve made mistake, thinking, that if autos don’t care about switching light, I would switch 12/12 when the time comes for GZ and all plants will be happy. But as far as I know now, autos should be at least 18/6.
    My ideas:
    1. Big box for GZ - I will take it out of light from tent to box (6h) and back making 12/12. All flower in a similar time, but lack of space.
    2. Leave GZ in veg 18/6, finish with autos and switch 12/12, flower GZ alone. Huge lack of space?
    3. Take out GZ to my friend’s greenhouse (not sure about this), finish autos and bring back GZ to the tent when free.
    Please advise me if you have any experience, better ideas, or you think my ideas are nonsense.

If money isn't an issue, a second tent and lights would be my recommendation. Option 2 sounds the most reasonable for your situation. Sending a plant out of your space and bringing it back can also bring stuff back that you don't want like pests or molds. You'll likely have to keep topping and trimming the GZ if it is a strong grower. You could try your hand at cloning, ya know.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Also gonna suggest option 2.

I’m guessing it’ll take longer than option 1 since they wouldn’t be flowering at the same time.
      Larger yields maybe?

It looks like 12/12 might be doable for autos, but yields might be affected. This is only from research, though, not experience. If timing is an issue and you don’t want to fiddle with option 1 then this might be worth looking into.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X