No announcement yet.

2020 Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big gorilla breath plant is about 2 weeks into flower. I defoliated and stretched it out some about 2 weeks ago. It will need another defoliate soon, I am waiting until the temps drop a bit, we have had 95 plus days for about a week. The big auto looks great. I feel like I should have topped it, but missed the window, oh well it should be done mid-september and likely will avoid mold issues anyways. The small autos are definitely flowering, both are stunted likely due to heat early on and soil that was already used this season, I will just take anything I can get.

Comment

HSO Bubba Auto Cheese, seed germinated and outside on July 1. Tomorrow will be 56 days, and the breeder says 65-70 days from seed. No major issues with this plant, bugs haven't messed with it too much, and I have not fed it anything. It has dark green leaves (I think due to solid soil) I feared any feeding could cause nitrogen overdose. Should be finished in 2 weeks. Won't be the biggest yield, but outdoor is always superior smoke and the buds look great for auto genetics.

Comment

This HSO Gorilla Breath plant is big. This plant germinated indoors around Feb 14, and put outside right before 1st of May. I have to keep thinning it out and lollipopping it. Last few days I have been dealing with an ant issue. I have never had ant problems before with any grows. These are super small, and after research I have determined they are going after white fly babies. Sprinkled cinnamon around the side of pot and directly around the stem, as well as the around the wire tie downs at the side of pot. Everyday they have been about halved and today I killed about 6 of them, while spraying the plant from the bottom with Neem Oil to stop the white flies. I cut back on watering and have been feeding it more frequently. The plant is really healthy and with the proper watering schedule it will be fine assuming the weather cooperates until mid October. Weather has been warm (mid 80's), trying to be safe I think I just overwatered it a bit, and it is ongoing need of separation as it gets further into flower.

Comment

Left to Right. A close up of the Gorilla Breath, this plant is flowering and should finish mid-october. Close up of Bubba Cheese Auto, very fast plant was put outside on July 1 the seed had popped the day before. 3rd pic is the BCA plant, I am glad I did not top it as the main bud is going to be big. This plant should finish within a week. Last pic is the Gorilla Breath plant, I am having to feed it a lot now, and I got rid of the pests. The weather is great here hitting 90 almost every day for the next week, really low day time humidity, and no rain at all.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Hiya Sudsnbuds great having a good summer grow for a change LOL. It's been great weather, autos are doing fantastic this year. Lots of 3 cycle grows i've been seeing. I'm on my 3rd auto grow but moved these new ones inside because it's been near 100f but thank goodness for the dang breeze good and bad. Only makes more waterings and care drying out the fabric bags i got the autos in. Just hit 4 with last of molasses feedings i think, they are a WW cross not tall but golfball nugs really pretty. I'm looking at harvesting those all within 2 wks days apart from eachother.

Your plants look fantastic sure hope we get steady sunshine till end of Sept. get your canopy readly just in case Take care, be sure and show your harvest

Hso Gorilla Breath, I hit the plant today with Monterey BT. The other auto plant I had outside was covered with caterpillars. I hate spraying flowering plants, but I am not taking chances with this lady. Wild fires are everywhere here, we are about 9 miles from a big one on Chehalem mtn. Air quality is super poor, worst in the world for the day, I tried to get a pic but they don’t do it justice, outside is an orange tint and air smells like a campfire, if we open the door slight smoke comes inside. I spent a half hour today defoliating and my clothes smelled like campfire after. Humidity was rarely low at 14% for 3 days straight. I researched, and decided not to water as the plant might drown itself, plant looks great, high winds knocked bugs. Some benefits to current weather from my plants standpoint, but the weird seasonal weather is proving another new challenge.

Comment

Sudsnbuds it is a sad sad state we live in right now. War zone of destruction. Looks like Chernobyl the landscape has been destroyed. Latest news.......arson is what they think and are investigating. Sick sick brains stupid humans. We are below the North Umpqua fire by approx. 15mi it's the Sutherlin area now that's more of a threat but we'll know more later as news gets out. Yes we are packed and ready to go if needed. My heart aches for our friends who lost homes. Talent and Phoenix Oregon are horrible.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

The first 2 pics are the HSO Gorilla Breath today. Air has been so stagnant here I have a box fan blowing on it. Air quality is toxic for people, I wear an N95 when I take the dogs outside. Wildfire smoke has been here for a week, and you can’t see the sun, it’s just a small red dot. The plant doesn’t seem to care, and I think the bugs are all being killed by the smoke. I keep spraying it with Monterey BT and spinsosad, this plant might produce a pound and I don’t want to risk pest damage. Humidity has been high for 5 days (75-99%) but the smoke seems to be keep moisture out of the air anyways. The last pic is the last day of the bubba cheese auto (pre-smoke blast). I chopped it down on day 66 and had it drying in my garage until yesterday. I cut out all the spots where the caterpillars were, everything else I chopped up and my wife is making butter with now, saved some spots that I was sure were clean and curing it.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                My indoor has zero humidity or less than 20% but yes the outdoor is showing issues for me also now. Found mites and a bud worm checking the plants had rot in a bud. Been using a mix of dish soap about a teaspoon in a spray bottle. I thought it was ash when i tried to shake them looking closer nope i was waiting hoping i wouldn't be affected cause of smoke.
                We may get a break with rain hopefully anything to clear the air. Horrible times outdoors, birds are few. I think your plants look great considering, i feel so very fortunate we did'nt have anything destroyed. My heart goes out to our neighbors who did and we will help take care of their loses.

The last week has been on and off rain, which was needed to slow down the wildfires. I slid my plant under my covered patio ( that has skylights). It’s not ideal but works really well to keep things dry. When it’s not raining I slide it out. The humidity has been really high, some minor problems where bugs had caused issues, but I trimmed it all up and the weather forecast is great. 80 degrees everyday for a week, no rain, and low humidity (high around 65%). This plant needs around 65days in flower, I need to get it at least until 10/7, hopefully longer if the conditions allow. My outdoor plants give me so much more anxiety than indoor. Indoor I just let them go as long as possible, slim chance of any issues, outdoor is a different story I get panicked just leaving the house with this plant so close to finishing.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking good. I'm thinning out hard on the bigger leaf cause of humidity. We have heavy dew/fog now early a.m. like you we got upper 80s for all this week great news. Really think about removing those fans and spreading them branches helps alot. I'm doing fine without much outdoor bug issues yours look good too. Keep doing what your doing move in and out of harmful weather this is when we have to look really close daily for grey mold/ bud rot in between buds.

All 3 pics are the same plant, HSO Gorilla Breath. This plant has been growing since February, and we are within about 2-5 days of harvest. It is supposed to start raining again in 4 days, my goal was to get this plant through 10/7 and that should be attainable. I did a massive defoliate since my last post a week ago. So many leaves needed to come off, I have been trimming this plant every day for a week. I have cut some of the buds off that were in the middle to improve air flow. There was some minor powdery mildew (all was on the inside facing leaves) I have harvested a few interior buds, and I tossed a few into the compost. I have never seen this before, but on a few of the interior joints there was some black mold growing. It has all been cut off, most of the top buds were fine. I just watered even less and no new issues. Humidity has been high, but it has been around 80 degrees and no rain for over a week. The buds are starting to show purple on leaves and they look great. Ideally getting this plant to 10/15 would be preferred, but I would rather harvest early and lock in 10oz of great smoke, as opposed to letting it roll and risking bud rot and getting nothing.

Comment

I cut down my HSO Gorilla Breath plant on 10/9. The pic of the full pant are before and after I trimmed all the leaves off. I couldnt get a clear shot in the sun at this time of day, but you can see how developed the plant was. It started raining pretty heavily the night I cut it down and for the last few days, therefore I harvested at the right time. It is all drying nicely in my garage and I am super pleased with the final result. When it is all dry I will put some pics of the final product up.

Comment

Sudsnbuds , I've been following along from the start. You got yourself a killer garden going on. Great work. Im happy at you!
                  5x5 Gorilla tent
                  Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
                  Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                  Technaflora nutes
                  Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Sudsnbuds
                    Sudsnbuds commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks. I will post some pics of the dried buds in the next 2 weeks.

There are pics of 4 plants that were started in February. I labeled on the paper, HSO Gorilla Breath, Blueberry Gum #2, Pineapple Express #2, and Sorbet. Please forgive my amateur photography skills. After a few years of growing indoor and outdoor, I always find the indoor stuff looks better in comparison, but the outdoor always gets you higher. Based on my geographic location (NW Oregon and just north of the 45th Parallel) I really need to plan next year for some plants that will finish flowering in less than 60 days. There has only been 1 year where I got 2 plants past 10/15, and that was really unusual weather. Now I just need to search for a good regular seed. I will keep growing Auto's just to get some earlier harvests, however I have not found an auto yet that I would prefer to smoke over a photoperiod. Maybe I havent tried enough, but I prefer to use the autos for butter or dry ice hash. I have started a new indoor/winter grow, and will get a new string going to show it.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Your pics are wonderful and Thank you for saying that about the potency as i feel the same way. I'm doing my own comparison on outdoor GSC and indoor GSC which is in it's 5th week of flower. I can only say at this point from my outdoor experiences in so. oregon where I'm at Glide area i've grown indica dominant hybrids. The GSC did really well outdoors but all the Kush strains i've tried outdoors finished faster FYI. But again it's all about the weather here and timing when they go out.

• JohnEmad
                    JohnEmad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Though I have only grown 1 auto outdoors since taking this bobby up again i found it was less dense but still was very potent and sticky.
                    If you are looking for photos that finish faster then you might look at Fast Flowering varieties breeders are now coming out with such as HSO, and many others.
                    I just started a fast flowering Gelato 41 for my next grow. We shall see how it grows.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X