Did I do my flushes right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I do my flushes right?

The Scenario: 2 weeks before harvest and I need to flush, I am using 3 gallon pots. I usually water each plant with 8 cups or 1/2 gallon per plant. I did 1st major flush on Friday the 17th, 2020 using 2-3 gallons of water with flawless finish per plant and brought my ppm's down to around 750-550 depending on the plant.. 4 days later on the 21st my pots are light. Watered with just ph6.4 and molasses at my normal watering amount and noticed my ppm's went right back up over 750 to as high as 1100. 3 days later on the 24th, pots are light, did a second flush using 2-3 gallons depending on the plant and got my ppm's down to as low as 275 and as high as 505. I am trying to stay around 400-500 ppm's. My babies are looking really good and getting close to harvest time at week 10 this Saturday. Since I did this last Friday, I don't think I have to give it any water at all until this week-end and today my pots are still kinda heavy. I think I should be ok??? 9 gallons of water seems like an awful lot for flushing for a 3 gallon pot to get the ppm's down 0-400 ppm range (by my past experience below this I lost aroma and flavor trying to get it clean) so I went by what I normally water at 1/2 gal, I flushed with 2-3 gallons, below 505 ppm's are where I want them to be. Everyone has their own opinions, but I want to know if I'm in the ballpark.

Idk about ppm & all that & I know this isn't the accepted way to do it but I really like the results I've gotten by feeding right up until the last watering when I take them to the tub & run the shower into the dirt until it runs out clear. Maybe 1 more molasses feeding if they need it.

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      First grow tasted like candy- but is WAS Mango so....

2nd grow I didnt do one good enough & the bud smells & tastes chemicalish. The other 2 taste & smell fantastic.& these 3 are the same strain from the same place.
      Clean or dirty? water? I flush til it comes out & runs down the tub clear. I mean like 500% run off.

• NuggetMan
      NuggetMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess I should have specified if your smoke burns clean or dirty, not the water.

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a new one on me- what is clean/dirty burning smoke?

You ever look at cigarette ash how it looks white? Well your burnt end of your smoke should kinda "look" like that supposedly this indicates the smoke is clean. Now if it burns on the black side, hard to stay lit, goes out a lot, taste is funky or harsh, cough like hell, there are still nutrients in the smoke and was not flushed enough. This is what I mean by being "dirty or clean". When I look at my ash from my grows, it kinda looks like that ashy white color, does not go out or hard to keep lit, does not pop or crackle. Does this help any?

Comment

• NuggetMan
      NuggetMan commented
      Editing a comment
      You know, it seems like no matter what strain it is Sativa or Indica, if it is some bomb smoke, sometimes you just can't help but cough cause it's soooo gooood!
      Back in the old days for what "pot" or "grass" was then, you would still cough, so that hasn't changed one iota over the years!!! Clean your pipe with 91% alchohol, gets it nice and clean, that's what I do for mine. You may also be burning off the resin inside the pipe! And some pipes just hit hard so toke easy. Or some very lung expanding smoke!

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed!
      & It IS gittin clogged so when I find some alcohol I got a light to spray again too.

• NuggetMan
      NuggetMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Get a small glass, fill it up about half way with alchohol, put pipe in glass and let it soak real good, you will be amazed at how clean it will get. For SoOrbudgal - since you have well water, it must be pretty good water, so there would be no reason for you go worry about that when you grow outdoors? Clean water the name of the game... I flush with molasses as well, beside using flawless finish cause I am indoors... Just a note: I noticed that after flushing and my ppm's were down, I watered 3-4 days later with just water and molasses at 1/2 gal per plant (my normal watering amount per plant) re-checked my ppm's and they went UP by at least 300-400 ppm's. Just something to be aware of...
      Last edited by NuggetMan; 04-30-2020, 11:08 AM.

Well I paid attention the last few times I smoked & I think it could be better. This next one is gonna get a few waterings after the big flush the other day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X