Sea of Green - number of colas? 6.5 by 6.5 inch 1 gallon pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sea of Green - number of colas? 6.5 by 6.5 inch 1 gallon pots

I see lot of different suggestions for size of pots for sea of green .. i am planning on doing it with several heavy indicas from clone. I am wondering if it makes sense to leave a single cola or try for a few in this case. I have 6.5 by 6.5 inch square 1 gallon pots. can fit 16 in my 32 by 32 tray IN MY 3 BY 3 tent. I expect i should stay with a single cola per plant to keep space, but it seems as if i could do two or three and still have room around the buds. Anyone with direct experience with that concentration of plants. I plan to do a flood and drain watering/feeding with Remo nutrients, starting after my present grow is done.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

the way i see it you have at least the diameter of the pot to fill with colas and if the pots are not touching eachother then plus the space between pots, i think at least 2 or 3 colas per plant could work, but theyll need to be forced to grow upwards very close together, the easiest way to do this is choosing a strain that naturally shoots up branches very close together. never done a sea of green but ive grown in a 2x4 closet using clones of a stretcher and had a hard time controling the canopy, had to use trellis and i guess thats not an option in a sea of green

Comment

Hmm I would say try one cola and see how much space you have in between each one and if you could fit more than the next time you can allow each pot to grow more colas. Remember you need a couple inches between colas. So if you have 6” imagine a 2” cola in the middle of the pot you will have 2” inches to the left and right between the other pots so that alone gives you space for one cola if they get fatter than 2” plus the leafs you will be maxed out. I also want to give SoG a try hope you post your progress I would like to follow along.

Comment

It is a lot easier to cut off what is too much than to grow what is not there!

Comment

thanks for the info and opinions. I will take the sentiment to heart that I can remove if i have to. I intend now to top each clone and try for 2 or 3 per pot. Not critical to my supply, and should make for some busy time through this time at home. Cheers
          A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

Good Luck Bootsy that's gonna be a undertaking with photos but sounds like you are up to the challange
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X