Why do I have Nute Burn on this Grow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I have Nute Burn on this Grow?

I’m a fairly experienced grower having started growing 4 years ago and have brought in a dozen harvests. Having tried several different mediums, my favorite is to mix Fox Farms Ocean Forest with an equal amount of Happy Frog and about 25% Perlite. For this particular grow, I had a leftover brick of coco coir and mixed in about 25% into my mix. I’m using Fox Farms Nutrients Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. When growing in coco coir alone, I would use Fox Farm Grow Big nutrient for hydroponics during the veg stage but stop after beginning the flower stage but for this grow I used Grow Big for soil. I didn’t begin adding nutrients until a month into veg because the nutrients in the Fox Farm Soil is enough to grow healthy veging plants. Then I began adding light nutrients at every 3rd watering – 1/2 t / gallon of both Grow Big and CalMag and 1 t Big Bloom. After flipping to flower, I added in a ½ Tiger Bloom and dropped Grow Big after the first week in flower. In flower I also began adding Floralicious and Black Strap Molasses. My plan was to increase the nutrients slowly but I began seeing what appeared to be nute burn. I have not seen this happen before with such light nutrients. I flushed the plants but continue with the light nutrients every 3rd watering.
    The nute burn has continued to worsened but now I’m only a week or two from harvest so I still expect a good harvest but I’d like to know why this happened. Was it the coco coir and should I have used Grow Big for hydroponics? Any thoughts on where I went wrong?

Plants: Tangerine Dream and Shinning Silver Haze
    VIPARSPECTRA Dimmable 450W LED Grow Light

Equal parts of Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Happy Frog, ½ brick of Coco Coir and a bag of perlite in 5 gallon Fabric pots
    Fox Farms Nutrients—Grow Big (veg only), Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom (flower only)
    Botanicare—Cal-Mag Plus
    Black Strap Molasses and Florilicious (in flower)
    Light Schedule - in flower, 12on/12off, the light is 16-22" away

I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
    Blue Mystic (7 gal)
    VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
    Coco Coir w/30% perlite
    Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

And you were getting enough light and water to allow the plant to fully use the the nutes? Possibly the Floaralicious AND molassas?

Comment

• Dagmar
      Dagmar commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. I did increase the water to make sure there was some run off when this first started. In veg the plants received 18 hours of light and in flower 12 hours. I've always used Floralicios and molasses with out problems.

When I've had this rarely but it's happened. I did not allow the nutes to flush properly and they built up when I tried to push my feedings without giving enough just plain waterings . I don't really flush with gallons of water just enough to see almost clear runoff in my tub where I water/feed. I think you'll be just fine and once and while we get nute burn, least of my worries especially in the end weeks. They are what they are by now. Great job enjoy your harvest
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Dagmar
      Dagmar commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, SoOrbudgal. It's probably just an anomaly, as you suggest. My first thoughts on why this has happened was because of these two strains, which I've never grown before, perhaps where a little more sensitive that other plants I've grown.. I will be doing a final flushing in a few days for harvest and still expect a good harvest.

I have read that 3 Tablespoons of unsulfered black strap molasses in 1 gallon of water will reduce Nitrogen by eating it.

Comment

• Dagmar
      Dagmar commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! You Rwise.

Wow it sounds like your setup would never have produced those results, but there you are. Could have been just a hot batch of FFOF or that strain is just doesn't need a lot of food. Take em all the way and enjoy what you can get out of them.
    Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X