eBay lights also curing process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay lights also curing process

Hey you all. I’m on my 3rd grow. The first one i dried too long i think. I’m in Houston and after i cut it down, i hung it up in my other closet and left it there for 12 days. Tasted good, but i never got high. I put them in jars, they’re still in there with humidity packs...nothing. Basically reggie i guess. 2nd grow, i dried till the little small branches cracked, them i cut the leaves and put them in jars. Today is the 6th day in there with humidity packs and i open the jars for 8minutes a piece a day.

My questions to you all:
    1. How do i make sure i don’t fuck this batch up? I want this smoke to be like the smoke i get from the guy i pay $230/oz. it LOOKS bright. I bought a magnifier and cut them down at the right times and everything. I’m just super nervous because this was 5 plants and I’m just trying to stop buying weed. After day 4 i started taking some and rolling blunts with it. It tastes AMAZING. But I’m not getting high like when I’m smoking gas. So, am i doing this correctly?

2. I started off with just an HPS light from eBay. I bought the whole 4x4 tent/light/filter setup. Like $300 or something. That light got HOT in that tent so, i took the tent, moved it out of my closet and into the corner of my bedroom. Took the closet and removed EVERYTHING out of it. (I live alone in a 3br house) and now i have just that light in there. Inside the tent, i went back to eBay and bought 2 “3000 watt lights” which i knew wasn’t 3000, i was just hoping to get a few hundred watts out of it. Enough to be inside the tent efficiently. Well, i got my wattmeter in today....the hps light said 400watts....it’s actually 455. But those Ebay lights are only 150 watts. So, being that i have 2 150 watt lights now, and i have a 4x4 area that i was hoping to put a 400 watt light in. And i have another 4x4 area that i want to put a 400 watt light in. Is the 300 watt light enough light to constantly grow 5 plants every 6 weeks, big enough to put into flower in one section of my closet? I need to purchase ANOTHER light also. So, what website gives me the best bang for watt? I wanted around 400 watts? Should i go hps again? My closet with that one light stays at 80 right now with great humidity. It’s a 4x11 closet.

Sorry for the long post. Wanted to fit it all in while i got you here.
    Thanks and I’ve learned SO much from this forum. You guys are awesome. 👍🏾

Welcome, Leman
    A 4x4 is going to need at least 600 watts of HPS or blurple leds(and in reality, it's closer to 1000).
    Using current tech diodes like those in QB's will get the same intensity with 450 watts.
    Bottom line, lights produce heat and you need to have a ventilation system capable of extracting that waste heat.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X