Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Weather questions

Hi guys. Newb alert!!
    Attempting to grow autos following a disastrous first attempt and so far so good this time. My issue is that I'm growing outdoors (greenhouse) and we're due a big drop in temps over the next week or so (from a steady 60-70 down to 40-50 during day and 15-20 at night). Getting 16-18 hours light a day (UK North) but what should I do for the next few days when the weather changes? Bring them indoors or leave them be?
    Appreciation in advance โœŒ๏ธ๐Ÿ’™

I bring mine in for extreme cold if I can and try to keep the same dark schedule.
    Welcome to GWE!

Comment

Originally posted by Brownybluenose View Post
      Hi guys. Newb alert!!
      Attempting to grow autos following a disastrous first attempt and so far so good this time. My issue is that I'm growing outdoors (greenhouse) and we're due a big drop in temps over the next week or so (from a steady 60-70 down to 40-50 during day and 15-20 at night). Getting 16-18 hours light a day (UK North) but what should I do for the next few days when the weather changes? Bring them indoors or leave them be?
      Appreciation in advance โœŒ๏ธ๐Ÿ’™
      Either heat the greenhouse gas or elec. or as above bring them into the house,,with greenhouse watch out for moulds below 17c keep an eye on your humidistat

good luck

Comment

I would take them in at night and outside when the sun comes up. What I did in Denmark ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป They will thank you for it. And they donโ€™t care about the light schedule anyway when they are autos ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
        Just because people are over 50 doesnโ€™t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the โ€œbestโ€ lol

Comment

Welcome to the GWE forum Brownybluenose yes do bring them in and you will need lighting on them as autos need strong light to grow healthy. Good luck
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            But itโ€™s not a need.
            I agree it will be wonderful.
            But not all have the place, space or the money for buying the light for the night time.
            Why i think this the reason he have them in a greenhouse

Winter time my autos are in every night with full darkness and outside when the suns comes up. If they get a decent amount of sun light everyday, they will bulk up fine - so itโ€™s a โ€œnicenessโ€ thing to have them on light every night. But not a โ€œneedโ€
            Yea they are autos thatโ€™s my point. Even 6-8 hours of sunlight every day, can make a really fine auto.. even in Denmark, so well also in Northern UK - Same climate.

Ohh sorry - I forgot my โ€œpost countโ€ isnโ€™t high enough to have an opinion in here ๐Ÿ˜ฑ even if I have a good amount experience with autos in shitty climates..

• Jordann
            Jordann commented
            Editing a comment
            @CaptainWiese91

Just understand where I'm coming from. Some people come in here after reading the site and growing a few plants and just go to town doing more damage than good with their baseless opinions.

It takes time to see who knows what. Not only that but forum members make fake accounts and screw with people so it takes time to "weed" out the new members from know-it-alls that know nothing, and humble growers.
            You have to see where I come from saying I trust someone on the site that has proven their worth over the years. This is my second account I got locked out of my first one when I lost my phone in a
            house fire, may or may not be a grow related fire...
            Anyways. You'll see what I mean ๐Ÿ˜‰ when I say people come here to start shit. Lots of us are weary of new members at first. Anyways this guy's post isn't the place for this but you can message me anytime.

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            So you are referring to the post count right ?
            Like you did in the other post ? I donโ€™t care if this is youโ€™re second account and I sure do not care about the post counts.
            If you want the discussion, then write to me in the private message system
            Because I didnโ€™t come here to start shit - I giving my experience and the things I know here to the forum - itโ€™s a another thing you donโ€™t agree to them, but that is why people have very different growing experiences.

And to your thoughts about a few plants - Iโ€™m long over my โ€œfewโ€ plants. You must think of some other than me. Iโ€™ve been growing for a pretty long time.

So if you have something to say about my auto opinion here in the post, about the weather and the lights, I will be happy to hear your opinion on that matter

But where you come from - Doesnโ€™t interest me, like where Iโ€™m coming from doesnโ€™t make a huge difference for you.
            Have a lovely day

CaptainWiese91 Do not PM me again do not. You are bordering on being a bully. Putting this out there so all can view.

indoor/outdoor grower
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Being a bully ?
            So calling me stupid and a Willy nilly? Isnโ€™t being a bully?
            At least I was polite in my DM to you, I have nothing to be shamed of. I even wished you a good day - so stop the nonsense again - because I have a different opinion than you what matters in the growing area ๐Ÿ˜˜
            I should maybe do the same and write ; Donโ€™t type my name so you end up in my notifications menu..
            stop the school act and the victim card - it doesnโ€™t suit a girl like you...
            If you donโ€™t want a replay - then donโ€™t ask me questions?
            Have a nice day - honestly you really deserve it Be humble right ?

CaptainWiese91 I never called you stupid or directed any form of growing towards you. All my posts were towards the grower who asks the questions or wanted help. Now you have gone overboard with comments that are unwarranted. Let the administration decide I wish to block you, you are a bully.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            So you are entitled to write to me that you mean ? But again I canโ€™t answer it? Then Iโ€™ve gone overboard? No you didnโ€™t call me that direct - but obviously it was towards me.
            Stop the victim thing be humble and just stop this nonsense.
            You were calling me out now - I didnโ€™t- and you do it in a public post. โœŒ๐Ÿป

Start a thread for this. The original poster didn't ask for this on his/her thread. Let's get along or get gone. We're all adults here, I think? I told someone else this last week. If you want to get rid of what people think of you or what you've said and can't erase then start a new account and act nice. Be nice be humble smoke peace make weed.
          Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
          sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
          4 plants currently under 500w
          2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
          GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
          Happy growing/consuming ๐Ÿฅด
          Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you donโ€™t have the same opinion like the others; itโ€™s people donโ€™t like you, take your opinions somewhere else.. really adult ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• Jordann
            Jordann commented
            Editing a comment
            Misunderstanding but we'll figure it out. Like I said my words get misinterpreted or I don't think about how I'm wording things but the only thing I was getting at was to keep these things from spilling out into people's posts as they didn't ask for it. What I meant about telling someone to make a new account and play nice is because we were going back and forth in private message him asking me to fix things he said and try to solve his problems with people he started the problems with. The only thing I could suggest is that he walked away and started fresh coming back and being genuine, but so far he left and has not returned, but it wasn't directed at anyone here just sharing my experience with people and their fake accounts and fake lives sharing images off Google and claiming it as their own. Anyone can reverse search a picture and find out this guy was lying. Not saying anything about anyone here just explaining what I was trying to say in my post. We're all friends here and arguments happen but we get past them and move onn ๐Ÿ˜ have fun all and let's get along we're all here to help afterall.

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            You are totally right ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป Sorry for the inconvenience ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Apologies for causing a disagreement. Thanks all for your input ๐Ÿ‘

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Just stating what i have experienced.......they need lots of light, they want light and warmth 18+hrs

The facts are the facts, autos like more light than others.

Comment

I would just let them roll in the greenhouse. Canโ€™t replace the power of the sun.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X