Little tiny black flys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little tiny black flys?

I have started on grow #12, my babies are only 2 weeks old and are ready to be topped. I am again using Fox Farms Ocean Forest and no nutrients at this time (after 30 days I will) I have noticed these little tiny black flies around my plants. I read to get those sticky yellow cards that traps these flies. Has anybody come across this problem before and what did you do to get rid of them. I only water these every 3-5 days depending on how long it takes for the dirt to dry out. Did these come from the soil itself??? I have seen these before but never really paid attention to them...

They're fungus gnats and they might have been in your bagged soil. Luckily they're easy to get rid of. Use the yellow sticky traps, let your soil dry out fully on top (might want to water from the bottom for a week or so if possible) and add a little diatomaceous earth to the top of the soil.

Comment

• NuggetMan
      NuggetMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I just watered my babies today after transplanting them last week. I am agreeing with you to get those sticky traps since I have no diatomaceous earth at the moment. Thank for your input.

Also add a fan (if not already in play) if they cant land they cant lay eggs.
    Spinosad will help, if you have that.
    I read somedomnplace there is a beetle that goes after them.

Comment

Little nuisances but harmless mine die off quickly and only a few.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• NuggetMan
        NuggetMan commented
        Editing a comment
        That is true, it is only a few but looks like a lot. I see they usually disappear after a few weeks.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X