Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new sprouts - outdoors. color seems off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new sprouts - outdoors. color seems off?

hello my friends, I planted two white widow seeds, and they are one week old today. I put them outside in the morning, when the sun comes out, and bring them inside when it gets dark.. so they are in the direct sunlight so a good 12 hours. it's been hot this last week, about 90 degrees, cooled down to 85 today. so my question is, do the babies look off? the color doesn't look right to me. i put the pot inside a larger pot, to keep the sun from baking the soil. should i move them into a shaded spot after a certain time in the sun? any thoughts / suggestions?

They look ok to me. Your medium looks like it has a lot of sticks and shit in it when you transplant you may want to get some better soil something nice and fluffy with lots of perlite and no sticks. The color doesnt seem bad at all. with it being a week old i wouldn't think the sun would hurt it but that being said the sun in western Canada is much different than the sun where you are im sure. I dont know as I would move them around out of the sun by doing that they may try to stretch on you trying to get to the light. Putting one pot inside another could be doing harm eventually you want air to get to your roots a lot of growers including myself will use fabric pots or even air pots which is just a pot full of holes, also by doing that your plant will be sitting in it's runoff which will make it mad also lol hope some of this was helpful im not a pro by any means just a couple things i noticed happy growing!

Comment

My suggestion is you are putting too much thought into the Sun being a bad thing - let the plant soak up as much sun as it can.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thanks guys, maybe I am over thinking. Yes I have better soil for when I transplant. This soil is organic potting soil mixed the 30% perlite. I also have 2 autos growing indoors in 3 gallon fabric pots
        Attached Files

Comment

Just my thoughts but your plants should get more then 12 hours of sunlight if you want faster growth also a 12/12 cycle will trigger flower stage as soon as they can.. not good for seedlings

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X