Perpetual Harvest in one 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perpetual Harvest in one 4x4

Using only autoflowers, and full spectrum lights, what are the cons of doing a six-plant perpetual harvest in one tent?

I've read humidity can be an issue, anything else? I plan on pedestaling the newer plants so as to have their canopies at the same level.

The reason for my question is I don't see this being done very often. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hi MC, welcome to forum. I've never grown autos, but for photos you have one set of temperature/humidity requirements during veg, and a different set during flower. Not sure how much difference it makes for autos.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

4x4 you can probably do 6 plants - I try perpetual harvest myself. I have 3 growing in a 3x3 and I start 3 new plants every 45 days or so. Autoflowers.

Humidity is what it is - its 100 percent today. Dehumidifier brings it down to 40 or so but I have found the more tropical the air, the more they like it.

Light is on 18/6 so it doesn't matter if the plants are mature or seedlings - the light I use is awesome- 24 inches above the canopy is the sweet spot - but the seedlings start at 36 inches - I find it easy to keep them in the spot they like as I use risers (bricks/cinder blocks).

Good luck growing.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I hadn't thought of trying to do that with autos, but I've only ever grown feminized photos. I'm just reestablishing my own perpetual harvest setup. It will soon be a RDWC system in a 4'x4' tent for flowering and a 32"x32" tent with a card table that just fits inside it so I have space up top for moms and space below for the clone machine and babies.

It seems that the only downside to doing autos this way would be always having to buy more seeds.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've got 3 growing from a hermie - I believe those are free.

Originally posted by UndergroundFarmer View Post
        I hadn't thought of trying to do that with autos, but I've only ever grown feminized photos. I'm just reestablishing my own perpetual harvest setup. It will soon be a RDWC system in a 4'x4' tent for flowering and a 32"x32" tent with a card table that just fits inside it so I have space up top for moms and space below for the clone machine and babies.

It seems that the only downside to doing autos this way would be always having to buy more seeds.
        Pardon my naivete, but if I cloned from my tallest veg, wouldn't the clone keep the auto/feminized characteristics? Completely noob at this...

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          The clone WOULD be auto/fem...... it will also flower on schedule with the mother.

• Daskahn
          Daskahn commented
          Editing a comment
          Unless you clone the auto early and before the plant starts to flower it’s almost pointless to clone.. if you use branches from the bottom or underside it’s ok but basically whatever stage the mother plant was in the clone will be too.. autos are much harder to clone then photos..

I'm doing perpetual grows since last fall both autos and photos. Good luck cloning that auto. Don't freaking over complicate the grow just leads to frustration.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

If you plan on doing a perpetual grow using autos you will have to have a supply of seeds..
          mind you use photos you can have a mother plant in permanent veg and just clone her.. but requires 2-3 tents
          my concerns about doing it in just one 4x4 is space.. I like bigger plants I do some training on.. so space is usually a concern for just 4 plants couldn’t imagine 6 in that space
          also air circulation and humidity
          more plants in a cramped space would cause air circulation to reduce and higher chances of mold..
          may require bigger air filter
          light penetration may be an issue.

all of these problems can easily be managed by an attentive grower..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X