training for 16 colas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

training for 16 colas

I don't think this is anything new, but on my last grow i made a plan to "optimize" my 4 X 2 tent space. my focus was on quality (big/dense buds), ease of trimming (more big colas, less larf), and ease of training (more big colas, no small side branches). I made my plan by first estimating how much space each cola needs...decided that each one needs a space about 6" in diameter. considering 2 plants and a 4 X 2 space, that led me to 16 colas per plant arranged in a roughly 4 X 4 grid. i used topping and lst to get 16 colas and arrange them as best i could. first i let each plant grow 5 nodes, then topped above the 3rd and kept only the 2nd and 3rd nodes. this left me with 4 "branches". each branch got topped above the 3rd node and i kept the 1st and 3rd node on each of the 4 branches...4 sub branches per branch and 4 main branches = 16 colas. I chopped both plants yesterday and I'd say the goals were pretty well achieved. I'll update with weights after dry, but the yield looks to be pretty decent....nothing record breaking but mostly big/dense buds and way more than i need...

Awesome!!!
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

When did you start your seeds?
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

i think i started them around 12/30/2019...let the veg for 5 weeks, then about 12 weeks at 12/12

Comment

ended up with almost 14 ounces from the two plants. pretty happy with that.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Outstanding just a stellar grow JuanHondo you do know your plant care

Remind me never to post my trim pics. Great grow JuanHondo

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X