New Type Of Bug Or Just Rare? Identify!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Type Of Bug Or Just Rare? Identify!

I am having some issues. I have something invisible chomping on my babies. I have scoured the internet for the past week trying to find anything close to what this damage looks like. I also have been checking the plants for bugs (top, bottom of leaf, and top soil) and have found nothing on either front.
    Here is the info.
    8 plants in a 5x6x7.
    All are almost a month old.
    2 3000w grow lights about 40" away. About 1200w pull power.
    4 fans, one of which is oscillating. Plus a large CFM fan pulling air out of tent.
    Temperature 72-80 during day, 68-71 at night. Humidity about 60 at canopy all the time with use of humidifier with tap water.
    I Feed, water, feed. First few feeds with quarter strength nutes (FoxFarm dirty dozen lineup), first feed with half strength a few days ago). I use fill your own bottled water at the supermarket (glacier brand). I never need to PH just for watering, but I double check just in case. I am certain no PH issues are occuring, but this is my second grow. Lovely green color.

This one plant is the ONLY plant out of 8 in the same tent, with this kind of damage, the bites or whatever it is, is only on a lower old leaf and a new leaf set half way down my plant! This does not match any info on any bugs I've tried to look up. Save some damage a cat did. I do not own any animals!

I am wanting to apply Neem oil, but are they too young? Also can't find much about applying Neem oil to plants that are less than a month old.

Again, I DO NOT OWN A CAT OR ANY ANIMALS!
    ​​​

Only thing I can say on neem oil is dont use it on flowers.
    Many things eat leaves, grasshoppers, stink bugs, inch worms and so many more, almost any caterpillar,

Comment

I agree, closet thing looks like grasshopper, however, I'm fairly sure I would have seen it, or them. Also, like I said, it's only on one plant, in very close proximity to the others. I am stressing out tremendously.

Comment

I just went out and found the biggest stink bug I ever seen on he top of my Shock Trauma, It was the same colour as the leaf. Very glad I went out and checked the girls (and the boy), that stink bug is very dead now!

Comment

Don’t stress. Have you seen the defoliation some of these growers do? That damage is nothing in the big picture. Use neem on any size plants that are past the seedling stage all the way up to first week or two of flowering. Chill because everything looks good. Probably just a grasshopper.
          If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

• duckman
            duckman commented
            Editing a comment
            agree with Korn, it's very easy to freak and do more damage to your plant by overreacting (been there myself)...keep an eye on it, keep checking for bugs, if you find you have to do something or your head will explode maybe mist her with alcohol/water mix, it won't hurt her and it might help. good luck!

Just did a Neem oil spray at lights out. I am about to pull them all out for a watering, and a lst session. I was planning on doing lst anyways, and figure, what better time to check for pests? Again! Super stressed, but I kinda enjoy it in a weird way. Keeps my mind off of stresses about my life.
          BTW! For all of you who didn't ask, this is Sour Lemon Poison. Brand new strain from Bank Genetics. They don't even have a profile of it yet.
          Sour Diesel, Lemon G13, Durban Poison.
          I have no idea how this grow is gonna go. I have 2 3000w LED lights, so, so far, very little stretch and bushy, thick 7 finger leaves. Super sativa? Hybrid?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X