Plant yellowing, HELP NEEDED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Plant yellowing, HELP NEEDED

Hello, I am a grower with a few grows under his belt. I've always been able to assess nutrient deficiencies but on this one I'm stuck!! What do you think?

Background info:

Growing Dynafem auto white widow XXL
    medium:coco coir
    lights:200W LED
    nutrients:Advanced nutrients for coco
    flowering phase:40% humidity 25°C
    during daytime I keep fans blowing on the plant
    usual water ph:about 5.8
    I always water the plants when they are nice and dry

my plant was doing grate in vegetative but at the end of this period with the first buds showing I decided to give it NEEM oil extract (bought on amazon, maybe a cheap product!?) via spray and feeding to kill some of the flies that were lurking around the plant.

and this is where it goes all wrong... soon after plant bottom leaves start to yellow. My first idea was that I kept veg nutes for too long so I switched to flowering nutes (3/4 suggested quantity) and gave neem oil again, but only in foliar spray.

The situation continued to worsen so after a big flush I thought it might have been a deficiency and gave it flowering nutes full strength.

Situation continued getting worse, and I panic, next day after the above feeding I did another flush and then gave half strength nutes, thinking I might be burining the plant (although the signs didn't point to nute burn so obviously).

Now 3 more days have passed (we are at about day 56) and the plant keeps getting worse, now also top leaves are starting to get yellow, plant is not drinking very much so I haven't had the chance to try another feed...

what suprised me, and didn't make me think of over feeding was how only the old leaves were yellowing, gradually and completely, leaf veins were the last to turn yellow. Now there might be some signs of nute burn but I suspect they are from that one full strength nute feed. What is your opinion? She was a perfect plant 2 weeks ago and now she is suffering! HELP!

Last edited by TheSillyWilly; 04-23-2020, 02:09 PM.

My opinion is that you did too much to it too fast - can't overwater in coco I believe - never used neem oil either - is neem oil a concentrate? Gave it too much with little recovery time? Time will tell.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• TheSillyWilly
      TheSillyWilly commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Canuck for the reply. I do agree with the too much too fast theory, but it has been on half nutes for 3 days now and situation is getting worse, how should I proceed?

I've used neem oil in the past without any problems, but I had bought it from my trusted Grow Shop. Due to coronavirus restrictions I bought the latest one on amazon, much less concentrated, suggested dose 20ml per litre, with which I watered and sprayed the plant! I think that that started the problem...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X