Buds not forming, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Buds not forming, help!

Hi, I have situation that keeps me wondering what the hell is going on.
    Last time I was growing I had temperature issues. There were 2 plants, white diesel haze and skunk no. 1 from sensi seeds, both autoflowering. The white diesel haze turned hermaphrodite and I got a couple of seeds after the grow on both plants.

So, this time around I wanted to use these. The diesel ones didn't germinate, but the skunk no. 1s did and I have two ladies going.
    it's been now 60 days and both started flowering between week 3 and 4.
    This time I have them under nice HLG quantum board R-spec full specturm led lights, 260 W.
    they are nice, big, lush and green, the temp and humidity are perfect.
    The only thing that's off is the bud formation, they basically started as one would expect from an autoflowering plant and then stopped. Currently the buds look like popcorn Buds and have been like this for the last 3 or so weeks.

I have zero clue what's going on, never seen this before on an autoflowering plant. The only thing that currently comes to mind is genetics, from the crossbreeding of the white diesel haze hermie with the skunk no. 1 plant.
    The whole thing is not going anywhere so I was wondering if any of you have an idea of what's going on. Is this worth continuing to see if the buds may start forming again, or sould I just chop it down, cut my losses and buy fresh seeds?
    I feel like it's a shame to throw them away, since the plants are really nice and healthy looking.

Thanks for reading and all the best.

The only thing I can suggest is...wait. I had a similar circumstance but I was very impatient. The other three plants in my crop were flowering at 3-4 weeks old. I took the lag-behind and put it on a 12/12 schedule. After about a week, I started seeing flowers. Whil it's flowering great now, the buds are smaller because of the hours of light lost.

My recommendation is either give it a bit longer or try to put it on a 12/12 for a while. I wish I had more knowledge but I'm a newbie myself. Good luck!
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• vederrer
      vederrer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback man, i switched it yeasterday as soon as i saw your comment. Didn't even cross my mind. I got stuck into this thinking that i'm not changing the light cycle since it's an autoflowering plant. I only did autoflowering grows so far and always kept it start to finish 18/6.

my last grow kind of did something similar and I was also impatient lol so I decided to leave her in the dark for a full 24 hours then dropped the hours of light she was getting in a day to 10 your yield may not be as nice but sometimes the really short hours can make the plant think winter is coming and it better get its shit together

Comment

• vederrer
      vederrer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man for chiming in. I changed the cycle yesterday. I'll report the results in a couple of weeks.

Im down with that Willyd
    they can bestubborn sods.
    a couple days at 10 hours light will 'refocus' plant on where it is.

Comment

• Willyd
      Willyd commented
      Editing a comment
      Just so you know the 10 hour cycle i did for the remainder of my grow i dont know if a couple days will do it or not. Let me know how you make out best of luck to you!

• vederrer
      vederrer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback guys, will keep you posted.

To me - that looks like hemp - not cannabis.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• vederrer
      vederrer commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I get it, looks lot like hemp, it past week 9 on tuesday this week. But i have to say the skunk no1 looked exactly like this but was smaller. I don't do any training or anything, just let them grow. This time i used a bigger pot, 30 liters (8 gallons) and both of them are quite big.
      I'll see what happens, maybe the crossbreading pushed it in the ruderalis direction. I'll keep you guys posted. Thank you for the feedback.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ruderalis would keep it way shorter than 6 feet - after that much time your trichomes should be abounding all over.

• vederrer
      vederrer commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly, that's what i would usually see. This time there's not a single trichome. I changed the light cycle and i'll leave it for a couple of more weeks and see wtf is up.

Hello people, got some good news.
    It turned out good in the end. It was not hemp. After putting it under a 12/12 cycle the buds started forming again and trichomes showing up. The bud formation didn't go very far and they are not really dense, but it is potent and i'm happy that i at least got something in the end.
    In retrospect i would say this might be called an unstable hybrid between two autoflowering varietis that tended towards the sativa fenotype, hence the thin leaves and the large size.
    So, thanks again for the advice and here is a couple of images of the buds near the end in the link.

Peace

Comment

Looks like ditch weed yes unstable if it's a auto
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• vederrer
        vederrer commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe it looks like ditch weed, but afaik, ditch weed is extremely low on thc and stems from industrial hemp. This however hits proper, same as the original White diesel haze and skunk no.1 that it was bread from did.

OK have fun.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X