I need help with my seedlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! I need help with my seedlings

arted growing again and now it’s stunted and showing red dots and yellowing and the leaves are curling I figured that was from over watering so I backed from that and the smaller one was dark green when it first sprouted than turns yellow leaves fall and the growth is stunted I bought the seeds from growers choice seed bank (critical purple kush) I think it’s my soil it’s organic soil but it’s had bugs In it before and I used insect control all the bugs disappeared, I have a 600w led I have a space cooler/humidifier and a fan in a grow tent I always ph water to 6.8 or 6.6 I don’t know what’s going on I ordered some fox farm I’m hoping to transplant them and that helps
    Attached Files

Who’s organic soil is it.... if it’s living soil and organic soil, some are confused to believe it’s the same and may be way too hot for young seedlings. FYI : I use organic soils and they just always have fungus gnats pop up... I need a supply of yellow sticky sheets from day 3. That controls the outbreak as does diatomaceous earth
    Last edited by Farmall; 04-22-2020, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• 420Snoop
      420Snoop commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s in a organic potting soil right now i don’t know which but I order fox farm ocean forest could I transplant the plants into that soil and fix the problem?

420Snoop regardless of the type of soil...with seedlings this young, it is most advisable to not even feed them nutrients until they begin to develop further. Typically 2-3 weeks. Many organic living soils contain abundant compounds, microbes, manure, etc that are intended to sustain the plant throughout it’s entire growing lifecycle, depending on what we define as organic soils. They actually are watered with plain water only at the proper pH. There are those also called living soil and those called organic soil. While loosely discussed amongst growers, they are vastly different.

my suggestion: transplant carefully into the fox farm but wait about 10 days to see either new growth improvements before feeding anything. At that point, start feeding 25-35% of the recommended dosage for about another week or 10 days. Get back and let everyone know that this is working for you. What is your lighting setup. And just a note....there seems to be minimal perlite in this soil which helps aerate the soil mix keeping it light and airy..something plants love

Click image for larger version

Name:	B7982582-CA0F-4818-8B17-6BC8598427EE.jpeg
Views:	485
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	398239
    Last edited by Farmall; 04-23-2020, 08:02 PM. Reason: Added chart image

Comment

• 420Snoop
      420Snoop commented
      Editing a comment
      I did 6.86 , 4.01 and 9.17 I think

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      So we can assume the meter is close...did you do any adjusting to bring the meter to 4 7 and 9. Next to measure runoff just extract a quantity of water that leaches from the pot on the bottom...a fresh drip, not one that has been sitting.. are the photos above the same ones we are discussing....they are current pictures?

• 420Snoop
      420Snoop commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah the photos are currently how they look and I didn’t adjust the meter no

I'd be curious about the pH of your runoff...is it possible the insect control product you mentioned may be messing with your pH?

Comment

• 420Snoop
      420Snoop commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t know if it did when I used it I used very minimal and watered it down , I don’t know how to check the ph of the runoff and should I?

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      I would be more worried the bug spray poisoned the soil.

Is that wood chip right through the soil or just a topper. Plats have a hard time getting anything out of uncomposted wood. When I pick soil I choose something at least 80 or 90 percent completely broken down. Soil with wood and bark like that doesn't feed the plant it just puts its roots out looking for food to the point it starts eating itself. I like to start in something like 80 20 promix and coco. With some perlite Added 30 percent after mixing my soil coco. But soil need to be well broker down to begin with. What ever your soil was in the bag should state if there's any n p k in the mix or if there's any soil or just broker wood and bark. I would vote soil problem. Or lack or soil problem.
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• 420Snoop
      420Snoop commented
      Editing a comment
      It actually is a wood chip a lot I got the soil from a friend the growth has been stunted for about 4weeks it feels and only thing I’ve done was water the smaller plant the leaves got more yellow and harder and the bigger plant the pistols are growing but not the plant and it’s showing red spots on the new grown leaves. Any thoughts?

I think you have got to get these plants into better soil quickly...the stunted growth from past problems may become irreversible if left too much longer....

Comment

• 420Snoop
      420Snoop commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I’m thinking that also the soil arrives just today and I notice that only the pistons are growing and when I transplant do u think I could put both plants into a 5gal pot?? Should I just transplant with the old dirt or try to get rid of some of the old soil with out messing up the roots?

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      You can shake a lot of the old soil out of the rootball without hurting the plant. You can rip/cut the bottom off too. Just dont hit or expose the taproot.

420Snoop. DO NOT plant two seeds in one pot. You are begging for a problem to develop further on down the road. If you can gently brush away the old soil, do so but if it is going to disturb the developing roots, then avoid it. My thought however is you may not find a massive solo cup root cluster. Be careful measuring pH and nutes from this point...if the plant is stunted, recovery will be trying. Don’t feed for at least a week. Look for beautiful lush rich green new growth. THAT would be a nice sign

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      If the photos you show are the plants... then I don’t see any flowering.

• 420Snoop
      420Snoop commented
      Editing a comment
      There sleeping right now when the light turns on I’ll post new pictures

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      Another thing about growing more than one plant in one pot is that one plant might be hungry for nutes but the other plant can't handle them so you end up hurting one or the other.

Farmall Here’s the pictures of the plant with what I think is flowering but there getting better after just two day’s
    Attached Files

Comment

• duckman
      duckman commented
      Editing a comment
      uh...yeah, it DOES look like flowering...are they on a 12/12 schedule?

• 420Snoop
      420Snoop commented
      Editing a comment
      duckman there on 18/6

Well ...how long since these seeds germinated? I have 5 day old sprouts that are similar in size. This has got to be some serious stunting. Could the growing medium have so significantly held these seeds back? Have your transplanted them into other soil yet?

Comment

• 420Snoop
      420Snoop commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol bro that one seed was stunted for about 6weeks I was doing mad stuff trying to figure out why it wouldn’t grow and I planted it into the new soil it’s actually repairing a set off it’s leaves turning from yellow back to green and is growing a little I think the growing medium did keep it back so long but the other plant I have only stunted for about two weeks wasn’t too long it started getting sick and yellow and that’s when I questioned my soil because I have everything for them to thrive and now I got them both in the new dirt the smaller was has grew a lot in two days the leaves are bigger and there’s a new leading stem growing

That’s good...maybe from here you will surprised by some speedy catch up growth. Good luck, don’t overwater, don’t overfeed And for heavens sake: When this comes to harvest..POST A FEW PICTURES OF THE PLANT... would love to see how this turns out👏

Comment

• 420Snoop
      420Snoop commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah bro there growing fast now!! And I’m definitely going to watch myself with that overwatering feeding etc , I’ll post pictures a week from now to show progress

Farmall JDU duckman Jordann this about 5-6 days after transplant and the new baby is about 4days old from sprout she will be taking the place of our early flowerer when it’s ready I wanna see how far it will grow then take it out and some roots with it hopefully and replace and there’s new baby leaves growing on the baby flowerer what ya think about the progress
    Attached Files

Comment

• Brandon
      Brandon commented
      Editing a comment
      Those babies are stressed to the max, that's what is making them flower, they are trying to breed before they die. what is in the center of the biggest one? can you post a side view bc that looks like a pollen sack that has opened from the top down view. also that media you had them in with the wood chips looked an awful lot like happy frog which has food in it and is used as an easy way to veg, The nutrients are time released and last for a few weeks, So if you were putting nutrients in that media it got super hot. I see the guys telling you to test your run off PH but your run off PPM is also very important, if you get to about 1.5 times the in-going PPM you should flush until it goes down and try to figure out why you have a build up. PH can cause the build up because the plants can't pull in the nutrient, Over feeding will cause both a PH problem and high PMM as the nutrients that build up will cause the media to become acidic or basic depending on what nutrient is being over fed.

Looks like they're taking off! 👍

Comment

Yes... from the photos you originally posted, this is way above the progress those plants had made. Looks like it working this time

Comment

• 420Snoop
        420Snoop commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah definitely it’s working now

What’s going on the pistons are tuning yellow a little on the tips
      Attached Files

Comment

Update it is now day 32 I believe and I fed them twice since my first post. The bigger one got topped and defoliated smaller I just lst’d

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X