Autoflower pot size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoflower pot size

What size pots are being used for auto’s?
    I just finished my first auto flower grow and looking back I believe one of my biggest mistakes was using too big of a pot. My own stock goes from 1 gallon to 5 or 7 gallon so I folded the sides down on 5 gallon pots and only filled them 1/2 full. In fear of overwatering them I think I may not have watered them enough and judging by the size of my plants a 1 gallon pot would have been plenty.

2-3 gal is sufficient in most cases and what I use.

Comment

Thanks. Do you start them in a cup then pot up in a couple weeks or start out in the final pot? I think I’m going to grow my next round like normal.

Comment

For autos I always use 3 gallon, 5 gallon if I put it outside.
        autos are weird, every grow is different for me.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

I use 3, 7 and 20 gallon cloth pots, with the 3 gallon I never have roots in the bottom half as the soil has been to dry. So I am testing them with no riser so they can pull the overflow back into the pot and moisten the bottom half of the soil (then a dry cycle). So far the plants look batter than the ones done on risers. (I use organic living soil)

Comment

2 gallon geopots are my choice for my autoflowers - I don't transplant - tried a 7 gallon geopot for an outside grow - took the plant 25 days to fill out her roots in that big pot and when she started to grow vertically she was shooting up pistils at the same time. Was a nice Colorado Cookies tho.
              edit - I find the 2 gallon size to easiest to move around my tent.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                bboyfromwayback commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! I been considering getting some 2 gallon pots for my next grow. I have plenty of 1 gallon but feel they may be too small and 3 gallon probably a little big.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X