Anyone successfully FIM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone successfully FIM?

Not trying to but maybe I fimmed my plant.

These 3 plants are Purple Stilton autoflowers - pretty sure they are bonus seeds from a hermie - bigger one is 21 days old - other 2 are 17 days old.

I topped the 2 smaller ones yesterday and took off a couple of leaves. The bigger one I topped 4 days ago. Didn't take off much on any of the three - maybe around 1/4 inch off the top. Topped off at the sixth node. Maybe I didn't wait long enough for it to grow enough.

I don't know - but maybe it's a successful fim - has lots of growth coming out of it - so I'll just let it grow and see what happens. If the main kola comes back - I'll top it again.

Thought I'd try something different with these three . Got them growing - gave them their first real feeding with a smattering of nutes.

Second feeding I gave them full on nutes - expected to see yellow tips on my plants or some kind of rejection to the nutes. Nope - all I got was lots of growth - up and all over - nice green growth.

So after pics were taken - they got their third feeding with full on nutes.

Anybody else out their successfully fimmed? Click image for larger version

Name:	20200417_103825.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	396299Click image for larger version

Name:	20200417_103810.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	396300Click image for larger version

Name:	20200417_103757.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	396301Click image for larger version

Name:	20200417_103748.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	396302Click image for larger version

Name:	20200417_103744.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	396303
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

I've only done it by topping not on purpose LOL
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      How did it turn out? More kolas than topping?

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Last year I accidently FIM a GSC female clone, ended up with three main cola's and pretty good results. When I flowered the mother, though the main cola was considerable bigger. I had no base line to judge, it just seemed like they did not do as well.

I did 4. One didnt work at all, one grew weird & 2 of them grew 3 shoots instead of 4. I felt gettin 3 was a success? Bein all wilted Idk if you can see it or not- damn thing revegged again so I decided not to trust it & tossed in in the compost the other day.

Comment

Wow - you should see it today - looks like 8 or more colas coming out of the topped middle part.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Please show pictures of 8 colas when they get bigger.
        If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

I would call this a successful FIM. Even though I only got three branches, I got a pretty good amount of bud sites... This baby is at 8 weeks of flower...

Comment

......... A thought-
            If I try to FIM - did I miss? Or does it become a SIDI -Sweet I Did It? Hmmmmm......
            Why yes- I AM very high right now- the Thai Skunk is just about cured & I gave it a try. 👍🤪

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X