Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thrips

Hey guys,
    I have thrips on my plants. I was going to kick them into flowering this week but I noticed the thrips about a week ago. I went and got an insecticidal soap (safers) and sprayed them last week. When I went to spray them today I noticed more thrips than before.

Do insecticidal soaps work?
    I am going to lollipop my plants got flower soon. From what I read that will help eliminate them.

Does anyone have any advise?
    Keep in mind its hard to get access to stores given this bullshit Covid19

Thanks guys

That soap will help but you have to drench your leafs. Make sure you get under the leafs and on top of the leafs and when your done they should look like they are dying. I mean no leaf should be standing up from the soak.. what worked for me is spinosad you can get it at your local nursery those are essential business so they should be open mine is well not mine but where I shop. Also before you spray get a white paper and hold it under the canopy and shake the entire plant that way the thrips drop on your paper and you will have an idea how bad it really is. Mine was bad and the worst thing is they were adults. So when I shook my plant my grow light got completely covered in thrips it was nasty adults can fly. Learn about their breeding pattern also try to keep moisture down and temps cool as possible they can’t reproduce that way. But once again the ticket for me was spinosad. Can you take pics of the thrips and damage?

Comment

I'v used Safers and it works..but you have to treat everything at the same time.And you have to hit them multiple times in a week. I had them with my 1st grow in soil. After watering i would spray the plant every where. concentrate on underside of leaves ans stems. Then blast the top of the soil/grow medium really good so it soaks in. Do this a couple of times a week and it should start clearing up.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
      Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
      Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

I'v used Safers and it works..but you have to treat everything at the same time.And you have to hit them multiple times in a week. I had them with my 1st grow in soil. After watering i would spray the plant every where. concentrate on underside of leaves and stems. Then blast the top of the soil/grow medium really good so it soaks in. Do this a couple of times a week and it should start clearing up. Looks like you might be dealing with a case of helmet head also....jeess. You can save her...good luck
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
        Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
        Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

Spinosad is the ingredient I look for when treating for thrips. Monterey makes a good one. Also Jack's deadbug.

Comment

Spinoside and yellow sticky traps help bring down the numbers repeat every 4 to 7 days.the thing with thrips is you think there totally gone then they pop up again these little buggers are great hiders.

Comment

I've heard of folks who augment their atmosphere with CO2 turning off the vent fan and flooding the tent with it so all the little bastards die from lack of oxygen.
              Coconut Grove
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
              32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
              Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X