Edible recipes 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edible recipes 2020

So with this Corona virus attacking the lungs I been thinking maybe we should try medicating with edibles instead of smoking to save the lungs and keep them as healthy as possible. So I want to ask all our members who use tincture, edibles, gummies, etcIf you could please share your recipes on how you make them. I’m interested in tinctures I know there are recipes here already but just wondering how each individual makes their own? Like ratios for potency and equipment used and things like that. Any and all recipes welcome, thanks and hope to get some good ones I know there are some good tinctures been posted here before. Just another thing to do.

Personally, I vape but am also interested in using cannacaps for my trim. You're 100% spot on about saving our lungs!!!
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Cali
      Cali commented
      Editing a comment
      BR2K, yeah I don’t smoke I vape my herbs but would still like to get my tincture on, plus my wife would rather do an edible as well. Vaping doesn’t go well with her sinus and allergies.

Hey Cali, good to hear from you! Here's my tried and true tincture technique:

TINCTURES: USE COMPLETELY DRY cannabis

1. Decarb bud: don't grind it; try to mess with the buds as little as possible all the way through this process. I use the Ardent Lift machine to decarb my bud and preserve all the terpenes.

2. Put the decarbed bud and Everclear 190 proof (EC) separately in the freezer. When it's nice and cold, you're ready to combine them. I put the bud in a mason jar and cover with 190 proof everclear. The more bud you put in, the stronger the tincture will be; I don't cram the bud into the jar, but I'd say I put around 15-25 grams in. You don't want a weak-ass tincture, so make sure it's good quality and the right quantity of bud. I cover the buds with the everclear; in other words, the buds should be completely submerged.

3. Since you're making tincture, you can leave the bud in there for a good long time (as opposed to making concentrates, where you don't want the chlorophyl and other plant material contaminating). With tincture, I want whatever cannabis will infuse into the alcohol. Store in freezer and shake occasionally. The longer you let it soak, the more magical it becomes.

3. You can either strain out the bud or leave it in and just strain the tincture you're going to use immediately. I've used tincture after 7-8 days and other times I let it sit for three months. I can't say whether or not it's stronger after longer; it's all good. I put the tincture in 8 oz black glass bottles and 1 oz amber dropper bottles and keep it all in the freezer. I sell it for $30/bottle.

4. Titration: start with a low dose and work your way up to the amount that works for you. I take my tincture very early in the morning so that the strongest part of the high has worn down by the time I have to go to work; then I'm relaxed for hours afterward. The intense high lasts for 2-2.5 hours, and I find it to be the best high for me--way better than vaping. I like its intensity and how long it lasts. You'll find the high you like by starting low--say 5 drops--and working your way up. If 5 drops have no effect, try 10, then 15, etc.

5. I squirt the tincture into a 2 tablespoon spoon and add a little juice or almond milk so the EC doesn't burn. I used to hold it under my tongue, but I just swallow it now and the high comes on the same way, same intensity.

6. Keep tincture out of light and heat; store in freezer. I label mine with the date; tincture will keep indefinitely. I also keep records of the strains in each tincture mixture.

DROPPER MEASUREMENTS:
    A one-ounce bottle holds approximately 29.5 ml, 7.4 teaspoons, and approx. 900-1,000 drops. When you squeeze the dropper, it won't fill up all the way, but that's the dosage I like: one dropperful, which is around 30 drops.

Green Dragon Tincture # 9

Contains:

Cinderella 99 G13 Labs THC very high
    Genetics: Jack Herer x Haze.
    Effects: Cerebral, uplifting, talkative, introspective

JACK HERER GHS High THC
    Genetics: Haze x Red Skunk;
    Effects: Energetic, long-lasting

BAD AZZ KUSH Barneys Farm
    Genetics: Original OG x Urkel x Afghan Kush
    Effects: Body High, Euphoria, Happy, Relaxing

ROYAL GORILLA RQS High THC
    Sour Dubb x Chem Sis x Chocolate Diesel
    super-relaxing, euphoric high

LA S.A.G.E. THsds won 3 cups very quickly; highest THC
    SAGE x Skunk
    Euphoric, extremely medicinal mindbody pain reliever autoimmune/inflammatory ailments.
    HSO 35-40" THC 24% This is Chem '91
    Mystery genetics
    Mainly cerebral, euphoric, uplifting, good for pain; not for beginners.

AMNESIA LEMON BF THC very high
    Amnesia Haze x Skunk #1
    Uplifting, cerebral
    1. the tincture saturated in the freezer for around 4 weeks, I filtered it to remove the solid and was left with a beautiful Green Dragon tincture. Then I condensed and recycled a great deal of the Everclear out of the tincture in order to concentrate it; fewer drops = less Everclear. I have no idea what percentage of it is THC, but it is very insightful, joyous, and euphoric: I love it!!
    2. the CBD tincture: Purchased 14 grams of organic CBD slab (see their card) , added to 250 ml Everclear (8.5 oz.)
    • 14,000mg CBD in 250 ml = 56mg CBD per ml. One ml equals a "dropperful" from dropper bottle, which is actually like half the dropper. So one ml = around 30 drops.
    1. oz. dropper bottle = 30 ml = 900-1000 drops of tincture
    1. 1-oz. bottle of my tincture diluted with 66% CBD tincture = 1120mg CBD per bottle, which is slightly more thn 1mg per drop. The remaining third of the tincture is the Green Dragon #9 tincture above. This was made for a friend suffering from anxiety.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Tincture will be my cannabis-stretching attempt to get me through to my next harvest. I'll be doing mine a little differently, using a solar oven for decarb and possibly evaporating some of the Everclear. I'll be throwing my lower branch buds, along with my trim.
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X