Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!! Week 2 of Veg and THIS is what it's looking like...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Help!! Week 2 of Veg and THIS is what it's looking like...?

Hey Guys / Gals. First Post (unfortunately, wanted to have better news...) LOL. Anyway, Week 2 of Veg, growing in Coco / Perlite, 6 CFL's (4 - 40WT Daylights / 2 - 40WT Soft). Nut's: Dyna Gro (Foliage Pro / Bloom). So at first I took the Shields off the lights (so now it's just the Bulbs / Sockets), and I raised them to about 6 - 7 inches above. "Maybe I had them too close...????" But then I read somewhere that CFL's can be almost "touching" the leaves...???

So then I noticed the spots and deadness and read "Calcium???" (So just ordered CalMag from Amazon). Will be here Thursday. Any suggestions? Thoughts?

I use Spring Water / Distilled for watering and the Foliage Pro (1/4 tsp in a gallon). PH: 6.5. Had lights on for 18/6 but last night had them on for 24.

(Note: Just wanted to point out that I noticed this starting last week when I transplanted it from a small pot that had dirt in it from seedling to this 5 gallon pail w/ Coco.

ANY thoughts would help. Really want to save this girl....

Looks overwatered to me

Comment

And still getting over being transplanted...

Comment

It looks over watered to me as well..
        why do you destilled the spring water? If it’s real unfiltered spring water that’s arguably the best water to use

Comment

• stonedharleymarine
          stonedharleymarine commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry, I use the Spring Water just cuz it's around the house and the Distilled other times. (Also use tap). I always PH it correctly.

I often overwatered myself starting out, best thing I ever did was switching to smart pots. It’s not impossible but it’s pretty close to impossible to overwater using smart pots

Comment

What about the yellow and dark spots? Overwatering also??? By the way, I didn't think it was possible to "over water Coco????"

Bottom line, is this salvageable???

Comment

I’ve never used coco, just soil. It is very salvageable, just stop watering it for a few days until it’s fairly dry to the touch. Once it recovers and starts growing again I’d get rid of the discolored bottom leaves. Mild problem since it’s young

Comment

The guys above have great advice! I agree with overwatering but here is the deal, a plastic bucket doesn't allow the soil to dry out properly so you end up with root issues that look like deficiencies. I would take a drill and drill a shit ton of 1/2 holes all around the pot. Good luck!

Comment

• stonedharleymarine
              stonedharleymarine commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks TexasBob!!! I actually have a small layer of River Rock on the bottom with 10 holes on the bottom. I DO get Run Off once I water but I think I’ll skip watering for a few days as all had recommended. Thanks again!!

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep drill a shit ton of holes LOL

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X