Humidipacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidipacks

Can a person lightly mist (with distilled water) some overdried flower that was allowed to dry too much? I've got Integra 62% packs but either they aren't doing anything or my humidity reader isn't responding. I'm talking a VERY light mist. Thoughts? Experiences? TIA

I Spray the inside top of the lid and reseal them with a mist of water if needed. Humidity packs are a waste Imho but have a place FOR LONG TERM STORAGE.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Thanks much. I'll post back on how this works out.

Comment

Boveda sent me a free sample kit of their humidity packs along with a couple c-vaults. I tested 7 grams in one c-vault with no humidity pack and burped it daily. The second c-vault had a small 62% pack and also was burped each day.
        The results 16 days later:
        with pack-better smell, stickier and less powdery, slightly smoother smoke, high about the same.
        without was far drier and less sticky, a little harsher to smoke( burned faster so more smoke per draw could account for this)
        I did not tell my wife which was which and asked her to let me know her opinion.

Conclusion. They can preserve the weed better over a long period with humidity packs.

Another point is I have 9 month old pot in a quart sealer with no humidity pack ever but checked every once in a while for RH to insure close to 62% that is in excellent condition and a pleasure to grind, roll and smoke.
        Last edited by JohnEmad; 04-15-2020, 01:44 PM.

Comment

I used to slice a potato and put a couple of slices in my bag back in the day.. Seemed to work at the time but there is probably better ways =)
          Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

I forgot who posted it but they keep frozen pieces of stem just for this occasion. I used fresh ones & it worked like a charm.
            Check my thread- The hardest part. Ppl came through big on there. Clear, concise & helpful instructions for the perfect cure.
            Last edited by JDU; 04-15-2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

I ended up using a fine mist of distilled water and sneaking up on the 60% mark. I used an average of 4 of the cheap amz. hygrometers to measure. Seems to work. Going forward I think I will use 14" green plant bowls clamshelled, and put the buds in relatively moist and ease my way down to the target value. I used my laundry room for drying with both a robust humidifier and dehumidifier and somehow managed to let them get out of control. I believe I turned them both off and it gets down to 30-35% RH here at night. Overnight my plants went from the small flowers not snapping off to Joshua tree at noon type dryness. It's all measuring near 60RH now. Never any mold. Thanks for the input everyone and I am going to check out JDU's "the hardest part".

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X