Help! Are these Hermies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Are these Hermies?

Well, I've stressed my poor Crop King Dwarf Low Fliers Auto Fems. This is my first grow. Here are several pictures from my 4 plants. Do they look like hermies to you? I only grew these 4. I don't care about having seedy buds in this case as they are 3 or 4 weeks from harvest (better than nothing); however, I am concerned about pollen getting inside the tent and messing up future grows-particularly as it's not my tent. ( a step up from my prior ikea Vuku tent which turns out might have been the least of my concerns) Also, I hear pollen has a tendency of spreading throughout the house. Is this true? Again, if they are hermies and it's recommended I toss them, can I salvage the buds in any way, like make an extract out of them? TIA for your comments.

Last edited by MaxR; 04-14-2020, 04:50 PM.

I'm not seeing any nanners there, just pistils and sugar leaves. But if there is a pollen release, do you have an exhaust fan that would pull it out of the air? I don't have any experience with surprise pollen releases, but I hear it doesn't stay viable out in the open for very long. If you do have hermies, the tent will need a good scrub just to be sure. Let a few more members render an opinion before you do anything, though.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• MaxR
      MaxR commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't see any nanners either, but I suspect some pollen sacs....I don't have a proper exhaust fan. Just a regular old home (not industrail) 6" fan resting on top of the tent. (in addition to 2 small fans inside the tent) Tent's small (2'x2'x4') so I opted out of an industrial fan given the small tent size.

Here I chopped a branch off my herm. See the Yello balls. They start out like that but green then go Yello as they get viable pollen.
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      Now I have to shower and clean real well so I can go work with my girls. Lol oops.

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      Even if one releases some pollen and you don't catch it for a couple hours even it can seed the whole batch. Been there. Even with good exhaust it. Will still make a mess of thing. I spent a day cleaning my tent and whole bedroom when I found these, still green even. And I'm still spotting some calyx swelling and likely seed production in odd buds here and there

If you're talking about those couple of darkened pistils, I'd say no to the hermie question. IF you're sure you don't have any light leaks and your 12/12 hasn't been interrupted or changed, your girls didn't have any stress from temperature or humidity or watering. Those calyxes right down there at the node are usually the first ones to pop, so the pistils age faster than most of the rest of the bud. If they make you nervous just pluck them outa there. Keep a close watch for male organs!

Comment

Thanks for the input! Been monitoring the plants and it seems that it's just an expected number of calyces with pistils. These Crop King Seeds can sure take a beating and still maintain non-herm status!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X