New grower, just a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL New grower, just a little help

Hey everyone, about to start my first ever grow. Just have one question for now if anybody can help me. I will be growing royal haze and northern lights both autoflower in soil in my greenhouse and i was wondering weather i still need to test the ph of the water because alot of people online are saying you dont have to test if your growing in soil because the nutrients in the soil evens out the ph. Is this true? Thanks

I think you still need to test - I'm a beginner but I don't think its a big deal if you have decent soil.

Comment

My tap water is 7.0, I use organic living soil with buffers added to it (sulfur and dolomite) the PH fixes its self.

Comment

Thanks guys i'll take that on board. Tbh i quite scared ive been reading alot online and alot of things go way over my head. Im quite hesitant to start germinating because i dont want to fuck it up

Comment

Have some bag seed you could play with? If so do those for practice/fun!
          This is a great place to learn and share! Ask questions and get good answers.
          Welcome to GWE!

Comment

Thanks, yeah this is a really helpful place

Comment

I only ph my water when I put it into any cannabis plant I am growing - seedling/mature plant/ flowering plant/last flush before harvest - whenever. Get yourself a good ph meter and use it every time.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Honestly have never pH checked my water because I can't really do anything about it either way right now. Can't say it's ever given me problems. I grow in soil too.

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Contact your water supplier, they can tell you what the PH range is.

Are you growing in a ‘super soil’ If so, you won’t need to water it as much or you’ll flush out some of the goodness from it. I would recommend you get a PH tester and test every time you do water though.

Comment

To be really honest im using quite a cheap soil (i thought it was good until i checked the reviews online) but there's nothing i can do now as all shops where i can get soil from are closed due to the virus

Comment

• MagicMike66
                    MagicMike66 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just make sure you mix with perlite, you want about 30% in the mix. Ensuring correct PH will also give you healthier plants.

Thanks mate, i have perlite, i will mix it in

Comment

I'd suggest you ph, your water too.
                    I grow in living soil, an don't ph, my water, I just use tapwater,
                    If your just starting out you need to know the ph, of your water.
                    If it's not between 6.0-7.0ph, your plants can't uptake nutrients, hence very slow growth, an deficiencies, an not good results come harvest time.
                    GoodLuck, it ain't hard to do.
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    315lec for everything else
                    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

• Notaprogrower
                      Notaprogrower commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Cheers for the advice mate, ive orderd a ph tester

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X