Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rust spots, leaf death, premature oranging of hairs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rust spots, leaf death, premature oranging of hairs.

Does anyone know what this might be coupled with what seems to be premature hair oranging? This is an alaskan purple growing in FFOF I top dressed with a 3-9-4 dry amendment at week 2 with around half the suggested dose. This is now week 5. All of the white hairs on some of the lower growth has already turned orange. The runoff ppm was 1200 so I flushed down to 700. The ph of the runoff is 6.7.
    Attached Files

Watering with RO water at ph 6.7.

Comment

When you say week 5 is that how long into flowering you are? Your plants look like they're well along into it. Can you get a few better shots of the trichomes?
      αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

I flipped on March 1st and they didnt show pistols until March 10th. They are under the tmlapy 2500watt led in a 4x4 tent.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looked at the trichomes under a usp microscope and I saw a couple cloudy but almost all clear.

Comment

Okay. You might be turning to autumn. The leaves are doing things leaves do when the plant is putting all it's energy to making the flowers. All their nutes get sucked out. This doesn't happen to all plants. Some wind up with nothing but green leaves at harvest. The turning of the hairs is normal. The best way to see how far along you are is to get real close up to the trichomes.
            Check out this link. And my pretty picture.

When is the best time to harvest? See a picture gallery of "ready to harvest" cannabis buds, plus explanations for the buds that are weird or hard to tell!

αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

My opinion is the rot has happened at the root level. Over watered over fed and look at those stems pale is not good. I think she's toast she got sick and was given too much of something trying to correct it??
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Yeah I was thinking a root issue too. With all the flushing I had to do to get it down to a lower ppm. Any hope for it at this point? Honestly I feel like it looks worse than the pictures. Will it just affect the yield if I let it ride or will it be garage quality?

Comment

And it's been rusting since like week 2 or 3 so I didnt think it was the fade.

Comment

Aww man. Wrong again? At least I got to show my pretty picture.
                    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
                    3x3x6

Comment

Haha maybe, I've never grown Alaskan purple so idk if it just turns early or what but it's supposed to be a 70 day strain or so. Yours look to be fading very nicely. Luckily these were freebies from seedsman but it still took up a count spot.

Comment

Looks like classic calcium magnesium deffency to me. Here's a pic. Bottom 2 rows on the left
                        Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
                        sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
                        4 plants currently under 500w
                        2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
                        GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
                        Happy growing/consuming 🥴
                        Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

What you see is bagseed Whinston10110 . The Old Head I got about 50 seeds from never grew purps. However, his plants are closer to 5' - 6' tall under serious HPS wattage. It was magical to find my first purple leaves. Why, I remember... no... wait...

We're off subject. My bad.
                          αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
                          3x3x6

Comment

What do you suggest if it is mag? Its already so moist I dont really want to hit it with more water.

Comment

By the way this didnt really start at the bottom it almost started at the top/middle and then progressed to all over. Started on large fan leaves first. As I defoliated it seemed to get worse too.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X