Still not ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not ready

Hello everyone so I just wanted to ask advice.. this plant is three weeks passed the supposed time frame
    it was suppose to be 7-8 week till finish but it’s been at least 11
    I was told it’s suppose to be a black berry kush but it was from a friend

well here’s a picture the other two won’t load.. one was the close up ugh
    Attached Files

Great looking plant ! I never really pay much attention to the calendar when growing because IMO plants are ready when they want to be. I have a grow right now that I ended up vegging twice as long as I usually do because it was growing so painfully slow. Just watch your trichomes and it looks like you are going to have a great harvest! Mother nature has her own schedule.

Comment

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.. she was nearly a complete accident (started 4 seeds two strains.. the other three showed male first and I was about to pull her too till at the last moment I seen little hairs)
      And at the beginning a cat nicked her over.. she’s been through a lot but she’s a good strong plant that refuses to give up and I helped her along to the beautiful lady she is

In my experience with auto's and photo's 6-8 weeks sounds way over optimistic. 11 weeks is getting close. Amber is what everyone says they are looking for but personally amber tric's are rare. They are hard to spot and then you look again and they are gone. I let them go until I need the space. Then harvest time gets more pressing. Have a great grow !!
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      She’s now at 12 weeks.. so she has her own agenda but she’s so pretty imma just keep letting her do her thing..
      I’ve seen some amber but as you said it’s rare

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Idk...... I just took down the 3rd Thai with about 25% amber. I have an OGKush I can see the amber trics with a naked eye. Yes some heavy Sativas don't amber up but it seems that amber is a couchlock indicator so you wouldn't expect Sativas to display them..... ?

I gotta agree with Eliot Pryor it sucks but I can only go with what my gut tells me at this point of the grow. I will just do water and molasses ( I know your doing different medium DWC ) if plants slows way down with drinking and lots of yellowing on stalks even if I still got white hairs sticking up I will chop. I've had green leaf no deteriorations and new hairs popping way past stated harvest dates by breeders. I can only go by the loupe and my guts. The stamens are all orange and curled in are they solid buds?

Comment

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      When you say solid do you mean to the touch?
      Also I’m using all natural honey.. and water in a 1table spoon to 2 gallons
      Last edited by Daskahn; 04-11-2020, 05:45 PM.

They never finish when they're "supposed" to but they always finish when they finish. Ran some Green Crack a couple times that was supposed to go 7.5 weeks. Finished in 10 and then 11 weeks. Take em down when the trichs are how you like them.
    Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      I was hoping for more amber.. or heavy in the amber but so far amber is rare.. most hairs have turned orange.. but very few tricks turned amber so far

Well that's a problem I've had many a time just like Gluteous says. Last few weeks make me crazy waiting, it's the beautiful smells in my house triggers the urge to check trichs 10x a friggin day. Damn lockdown, well I went and bought some beer and some strain called cheese. I'm walking around with my friggin mask and hardly anyone in the store or dispensary wore it. WTF

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
      Eliot Pryor commented
      Editing a comment
      It's kinda cool to get to wear a mask. Makes you want to hold up a liquor store.

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal. My very first grow were Seedsman Dutch Passion Cheese and it was one of the best effects grows ..

"It's kinda cool to get to wear a mask. Makes you want to hold up a liquor store." lolol
    I've got a couple N95 but I need to get creative. I've seen some cool ones.

Comment

Checked today and most buds have sprouted new white hairs.. ugh

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I mean top of cola bud solid like rock hard? Yes mine are spitting out new hairs also the OG Kush is only suppose to be 7-9wks of flower but she's their now at 7wks and looks to be another month on her But older plants were veggied another month before her. I had Mango and GSC vegged for 3months before flowering so they are closer to the harvest dates supposedly 9-10wks of flowering. I count my flowering days from the time I see tiny bud hairs and this round I kept much better calendar LOL ( stoner duh ). It's killin me wanna pinch but not yet waiting till at least cloudy and amber and i'll take those top buds first leave the rest to harvest as it ripens. So i'm with you on the big ugh!!

Have you tried cutting its light cycle from 12/12 to 11/13 or even 10/14? I've heard that sometimes prompts them to finish up.
      I've got a digital light timer that came with an option to turn on at sunrise/off at sunset to match the sun. I set the date to September 22 when I started flowering so the days started at 12/12 and get shorter every day. I'm trying to see if it will stimulate them to finish on time without a loss in bud size.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Let me know how that goes.... I feel like "weaning" them into flower just wastes time. At my place they are vegging at 19/5 (Cause I don't conform) til they git thrown straight to 12s

Imma play it by ear.. might take a little and cute it to see but with the new growth.. I’m sure it’s just a long period plant.. I’m just kinda getting tired of bag seeds grown indoors.. like they would be great for outdoors

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X