First time grower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First time grower

I have decided while I am in lockdown to dab my hand at a wee plant, can anyone help my plant is still a seedling i was wondering if anyone had any advice for me I have a simple set up just my first time so working with what I have at the moment

doesnt look too bad. the plant has stretched from the looks of it , you my want to move the light closer

Comment

Pretty nice setup for a first timer! I totally agree with Willy about the light. Have fun with your grow! Remember, ph your water and start nutrients in a couple weeks!

Comment

Thank you I will keep posting most likely for tips

Comment

How much water should I be giving them and when should I be watering? And also is “misting” different from actually feeding the plant water

Comment

IMO, it is always best to err on the dry side. If you have well draining soil I would give it a good soaking, let the soil almost completely dry so that you don't feel moisture until your finger is about 3/4 of an inch down when pressing into the soil. Also I would put a little bit more soil around the stem to help support the plant.

Comment

And I would support with a stick or something...

Comment

How much water should I be giving them and when should I be watering? And also is “misting” different from actually feeding the plant water

Comment

Didn’t mean to repost that comment should I have my light on 600 or 400w I thought the 600 was maybe too
                  much for the seedling but I may be wrong?

Comment

when i water babies I do a shot glass of water every two days seems to work out perfect. Thats with a RH of 50%

Comment

I applied the soil and stick to it and moved it closer to the light was wondering if this is close enough thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NewGrower98 View Post
                        I have decided while I am in lockdown to dab my hand at a wee plant, can anyone help my plant is still a seedling i was wondering if anyone had any advice for me I have a simple set up just my first time so working with what I have at the moment
                        its look a bit fine but its need more light and maybe timely water can help it out..

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E7EAEDB5-7E72-4197-9A4F-53C32BDE622C.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	393126
                          Just to give u a frame of reference that’s a 30 watt light and it’s about 5” away from the top of the plant

Comment

My bulbs are 600w

Comment

I can set them as low as 250

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X