To repot or not to repot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To repot or not to repot

Hi all, Hope you are all safe and well in these crazy times. My question is this. I have 5 six week old seedlings (super skunk) and they badly need re-potting. But lockdown was imposed before I could go and buy my compost from my friendly grow shop. The thing is I have last years crop pots still outside on the balcony filled with last years crops used compost. Would it be better to leave my girls in their current small pots, or put them temporarily in last years old used compost until I can get to the grow shop when it opens hopefully in a few weeks. I do have some nutrients from last year available too. I am only simple small time grower for my own recreational fun. My roots are usually quite sparse, so wondering which option would be better, Cheers in advance and stay safe friends!

Here grow shops are essential, we are an ag state, so do check to see if they are open. I would do whatever is needed in these times, I reuse my soils, but I built them to start with so I just add to them.

Comment

I've repurposed my soils and added new ingredients but having said that your plants will need transplant soon. I guess it depends on you going the distance to make these plants a good home. I've got ones the size of yours also waiting for good outdoor weather but there in 1gal now and roots are quickly filling those pots. Good luck
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

If I where you I would take the used soil, mix it with some soil from outdoors if you can get it. Then add old leaves, some eggshells maybe and some straw (the kind you use for small pets at home would work if it dont have any seeds in it). Thats my best bet during the circumstances. Good luck!
        Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

Thank you all! I am going to mix the little bit of new compost I have with some of the old from last year. Going to repot the 3 plants that look the most needy. Thanks again and keep safe and well! Cheers!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck and healthy days to you. Enjoy your grow

• swegrow
            swegrow commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck and stay safe!

I picked up my essential blood and bone meal while I was out shopping (last time for at least 2 months and yes I wore my face cloth).
          Enjoy your grow (may be all we get to do this year) Stay well!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X