Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drooping plant with light on but recovers when light off. Other plants appear great.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Drooping plant with light on but recovers when light off. Other plants appear great.

Problem:
    One plant droops.
    When I first put the light on the plant in the orange pot looks ok but by the time the light has to go of 18 hrs later the plant is really droopy. Once the light is off the plant picks up. There are no spots or visible health issues just drooping on one plant. All plants have same watering and feeding schedule. All plants are approx. 3" + - 1/4"

Set Up:
    Grow tent 32” x 32” x 63”H
    MARS Hydro 400w LED dual spectrum (veg only spectrum being used) 42” from plants
    Temp 20c -27c
    Humidity 35% - 60%, average 40% - 50%

Seeds:

Humbolt Seed Organisation - Amherst Sour Diesel
    All seeds germinated and planted at same time
    All 3 plants popped through surface on 23/03/2020. 2 weeks total grow roughly
    All 3 pots Coco Coir with 2/1 mix with perlite.
    Light feeding schedule with Canna A + B 12.5m nutrients per 10l water
    PH in 6.1 PH out 6.0
    Last edited by Darroldo; 04-05-2020, 02:01 PM.

I think it's trying to tell you to back the light off it a bit. Raise the light 4" and see what happens over the next few days. When the plant gets used to it slowly lower it down.

Comment

• Darroldo
      Darroldo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the reply Texasbob. that's what I was thinking I have almost no room left so I will go and put it further to the side. What do think of my good plants. is that reasonable for 2 weeks growth and do you think they look healthy. Any comments and advice would be appreciated
      Last edited by Darroldo; 04-05-2020, 03:22 PM.

The plants look good, sometimes they get a little shy when first put under the intense led lights. I start mine with t5's and cfls and then put them under led's about where yours are now. When the leaves are reaching for the sky I know I'm alright and I can slowly start to lower the light. Keep an eye on your watering too. Overwatering can cause the leaves to droop to.

Comment

• Darroldo
      Darroldo commented
      Editing a comment
      Again thanks for your feedback. I feel you are correct with the light intensity its nice having someone confirm your thoughts. I also feel that because it drooped I moved the fan closer hoping it would dry it out but I think the temp out the fan it was quite cool. I have moved the plant further away from light and fan. I'm feeling more confident now that is the problem cheers buddy

Pictures of Taco leaves
    Attached Files

Comment

Good information. One of my autos of about the same age is drooping as well, so I cut off the drooping leaves and raised the light 6". Already perking up.

Comment

• Darroldo
        Darroldo commented
        Editing a comment
        I cant raise my light but I recently downloaded a lux reading app for my phone so I'm spreading my plants away from the hot spots. 5000/7000 lux seems ok depending on the which plant. 5000 is what my droopy plant is at. My ones aren't auto but a grew a few of them ages ago with CFL's they were really nice but small yield. good luckand hope its good

If I may say do not over water that will cause droop, lift the pot feel the weight go by that.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

here are my plants at 3 weeks pictured today. One plant in the orange pot is still droopy but growing with no spots, discolour or signs of ill health the other 2 look decent but would like them to stretch a bit more but light is at maximum distance possible. Currently feeding with 15ml nutes but will be upping to 20ml/10l water in next day or two

Comment

This is where I'm at today with 20ml Canna A + B with 10ml water 3 1/2 weeks into growth. I have increased watering schedule to 2/3 times a week. Managed to get the plants to stretch a little. One plant is way bigger than the other two. Still one droopy plant but I think it is lack of water, leaves seem very dry. Looks like good under growth. Should I keep growing veg or start flowering. Its nearly 4 weeks since breaking through and the plants are between 6" to 7 1/2" in size
          Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X