First Grow Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First Grow Question

I have started my first grow. I did some research before starting but want actual opinions from people with experience. I started my grow with 4 plants only using bag seed. I know every strain is different but I want to get a good handle on the waterering, light, soil, etc. Anyway, my question is, I had sprouts on 3/11 and put my jiffy pot with seedling mix inside my pots and in my 2 x 2 x 4 tent with a 600w full spectrum LED light. 4 in. Inline fan for clean air. I’m using FloraNova Grow for nutrients right now doing a 3 to 1 with pure water. 18/6 light cycle. The pictures I’m attaching are of today’s 4/5/20 growth. My main question, based on my dimensions of 2 x 2 x 4 with light extending about 6 inches down from the top. When should I start flowering with bag seed strain unknown??

Bag seed ain't necessarily garbage. I'd grow em out & git all you can from em.

Comment

I'm not sure as I haven't grown for 7 years and just started again. I used to grow with CFL's as the I couldn't get my 300w LED to work (always too close I'm thinking now). I just asked a question about one drooping plant with my 400w dual spectrum light that is 42" away and I am 2 weeks after breaking through soil with Coco Coir. I would be interested to hear what you think about my plants. I feel your LED is too powerful and too close but would really like to hear from someone with LED experience as I am only guessing

Comment

Honestly I think you are going to have root issues with those smaller pots, if you can bump up to 3 gallon pots I would say to top the plants and use LST techniques and you could veg for about 5 weeks before you flip. Being bag seeds a couple with probably turn out to be male which will give you a little more elbow room to LST the females to limit their height. Happy growing!

Comment

I plan to test everything with these bag seeds. Then have some better seeds put back, then eventually buying high quality from a bank. Probably something autoflower and short and bushy. That’s why I was inquiring about going 12/12 earlier to reduce height.

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Earlier sure- like a ft or 2 tall. I thought you meant now lol.

That will reduce their growth, you can top them and LST also.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X