First Auto grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Auto grow

Hello my friends, so today is day 21 of my first auto grow, one Northern Lights, and one Gelat OG. the OG, is so short and bushy, compared the NL. Gave then some 1/4 strength nutes yesterday, for the first time. So what do you guys think, and tips?

I think they look great
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

It's really cool to see how different strains develop! Great job on the plants, they look fantastic.

Comment

Lookin' good!

Comment

For the first two weeks did you not give your auto plants any nutrients?

Comment

nope, i gave them 1/4 strength(fox farms trio) on day 17. going to feed every other watering. i'll play it by ear, but thinking at week 5, going to half strength. I had read that auto's don't like stress, and too much nutes, can stress them out. what experiences do you guys have with autos and nutes?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              It depends on if you want to push them or not, some autos like lots of nutrients, some dont, The NLights autos I've grown loved it.
              I normally feed until I see a little tip burn, then back off a little, most seedbanks,breeders, do the same.
              GoodLuck with yours 1963.
              Ps, they look great to me, keep up the good job.

I'm doing them slowly and seeing what each strain likes. I just fed 2wk old auto seedlings with mega crop very low dose and they love it. I will wait till they get transplanted before I give them 1/2 of what the feed chart says. Usually at 4wks they will accept it and do fine. Just gotta watch what happens and i'm slowly pushing the limits with both photo and auto feeds and I believe I was under feeding my indoor.

indoor/outdoor grower
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

transplanting? I read autos don't like transplanting, that you should put your seed right into the pot you intent to grow her in. have you done this before? If so, what was the yirld?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                I have transplanted my autos all the time. I start them in 4" soil after they crack put them under t-5 for 2wks then under a stronger CFL till they get 2nodes 4leafs then into their 3gal. final home. Yes my first 2 auto grows I stuck tiny cracked seed into big soil pot waiting weeks it seem for it to dig in. To each there own I don't mind transplanting I don't mind a loosely well rooted auto transplant. Don't seem to slow down a healthy auto. Think of it as a " solo cup" to me they grow faster in a smaller cup, but that's my experience. Got 3 autos now waiting for their 2nd set of leaf then under the big lights.

@johnb that is a great question! I prefer not to stress any plant unnecessarily photos or autos so I start my plants in peat pot and then when I am ready to put them under led's I plant the whole pot into a 3 gallon cloth pot. It works well but I can't give you exact yealds because I don't weigh my harvest. I like to top autos and grow them in scrog so I figured I stress them enough doing that. The picture I enclosed is a jock horror auto that I grew exactly how I explained.

Comment

What stresses a transplant is poor handling and poor soil. My 2 cents on that. I top and train my autos now also just depends on each individual plant. My tent now is tall enough to lay them over or just top and let them grow. If they are runts which I believe are genetics I don't do nothing just let the little dwarfs grow, had plenty of them so far.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

when I grew NL Auto from Nirvana I found I had to take it easy on the nutes, my advice would be stay conservative! having said that, she was pretty forgiving, in my experience. I had no problems with transplanting when I went from a 1 litre pot to her 3-gallon final pot.
                  Last edited by duckman; 04-05-2020, 08:00 AM.

Comment

WOW Texasbob, that is a great looking plant. Is that just one plant? I would love to learn how you trained that plant, it's awesome!

Comment

Thx John! That is 1 plant, it is a jock horror auto that I topped. I top autos as soon as the 4th node is visible to allow the plant more time for recovery. I love to grow under a scrog net because it really allows the plant to open up and develop the growth that would otherwise turn into popcorn buds! Thanks again for the kind words.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X