What’s wrong with my plant??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! What’s wrong with my plant??

This is my first grow, I’ve done a lot of research but I’m still not really sure what the problem here is. The bottom leaves are a lighter green than the top, I’ve been using organic compost (coffee grounds, egg shells, etc) so it could possibly be nitrogen deficiency I guess. It’s also growing pretty slow, it sprouted about a month ago. It gets direct sunlight, and the temperatures are good here.
    A cold front did come the other night (temperatures were in mid 40s) but I don’t think it effected the plant. I also had a spider mite infestation I used a water/alcohol mix solution and it seemed to get rid of them. I’m not sure what else information I should include. Thoughts?
    Attached Files

When you say it gets direct sunlight how many hours a day of direct sunlight?

Comment

• LunaHaze225
      LunaHaze225 commented
      Editing a comment
      10 to 12 hours.

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s really not enough light

Coffee grounds are poison to MJ, they contain caffeine which is an herbicide! IF you use coffee grounds they must have all the caffeine washed out! This will explain the slow growth for sure, BTDT! yes I made that mistake too! Made my 65 day autos go closer to 120 days. I transplanted (others) into soil without coffee grounds and the rest improved. I would then hit them with Voodoo Juice to stimulate root growth once transplanted.

Do watch very close for the mites to return, the alcohol/water spray (8 parts water 1 part alcohol - 50/50) is good for 3 days, then eggs hatch. If they are outside add lady bugs (some do inside), I use Captain Jacks Dead bug twice 3 days apart and then spinosad (inside), both are considered safe to harvest.
    Good Luck!!

Comment

• LunaHaze225
      LunaHaze225 commented
      Editing a comment
      never heard this before, makes sense though but everything I’ve read about it said it’d be good for it and provide nitrogen. Since posting this thread I added perlite to the soil and I noticed it’s grown more in just 2 days, so I’m thinking it could’ve been a lack of oxygen to the roots. I may or may not transplant it but either way, no more coffee grounds!
      Do you know of anything organic, preferably around the house, I could use for nutrients? money’s kinda tight right now 😕

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      There are all kind of things we toss out that can be good. All fruit/veggie peels have potassium, grass clippings, leaves, meat scraps, bones, you will need to compost most of it. If you have someone near you that has cattle, make a deal to clean the pasture and pick up the cow chips (not pies they are to wet). Bull(cow) shit has a fair balance of nutes good all the way to harvest. Some folks use piss, it is high in N and must be diluted (I dont use it)

what medium are you using in the pots? it looks way too dense based on the pics, that will cause all sorts of problems . check out https://www.growweedeasy.com/whats-t...growing-medium. good luck!

Comment

• LunaHaze225
      LunaHaze225 commented
      Editing a comment
      the soil was given to me, I can’t remember what it was called exactly... “organic” something.
      Since taking these pictures I’ve mixed in perlite

If a plant only gets 10-12 hours of sunlight from red it won’t grow tall or bushy it will basically just shoot up 6-7 inches then start to flower.. your plant needs more light

Comment

Ok 10-12 hours direct light, how many hours in daylight? You need them to get closer to 16 hours daylight.

Comment

last summer as a bit of an experiment I grew a single plant outdoors, she was only getting about 6-7 hours of direct sun, she grew just fine to 24" (indica bush) and yielded about 2 ounces. I found, however, the potency wasn't what it should have been, however...I imagine more light would have helped in this regard. I guess what I'm saying is it's possible to grow with 10-12 hours as you said, LunaHaze225 , but as other posts have mentioned it's not ideal. My 2 cents!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X