Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trichomes not cloudy and new flowers growing (First Grow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trichomes not cloudy and new flowers growing (First Grow)

Hi GWE Community,

My Northern Lights Auto is on day 87 and the 8th week of flowering. I have been waiting for cloudy trichomes for what seems like forever. I checked Nebula’s tutorial about slow maturing plants and I have put the lights on 12/12 (were on 18/ 6) and raised the light as high as possible to simulate weaker, shorter Fall sunlight. I took her out of the tent this morning for a trim and I noticed new, green buds growing on the main Cola. I have tried to capture that in the attached photos. Should I continue to wait? If so how long?
    Thanks and stay safe
    Last edited by NorthEuropeanGuy; 03-31-2020, 09:29 AM.

Patients is key! We all get antsy when we get close to harvest but I promise it is worth the wait! Plants don't have a calendar so they are ready on their time. Just keep on keeping on and keep your eyes on the trichomes and you will be rewarded. Happy growing my friend.

Comment

• NorthEuropeanGuy
      NorthEuropeanGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Texasbob, it’s very reassuring to get advice from an experienced grower. I guess that the continuing new growth at the top of the main Cola just means more yield?

It doesn't look like it's foxtailing or anything to me. They tend to bulk up right at the end.

Comment

IMHO based on what looks like burnt leaves I would guess light or heat stress and possible foxtailing...I hope I'm wrong...

Comment

I Think I see nanners I blew this up big thought I saw nanners?
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• NorthEuropeanGuy
          Editing a comment
          I checked just now and I think that I am seeing some clouding of the trichomes but less than 10% so far. Re the comments from SoOrbudgal and duckman. Her path to where she is today has been interesting. First I had a faulty timer on the lights and she was getting 24 hrs light until the second week of flowering. I then moved her to 18/6 and then 12/12 a couple of days ago. I also had a big problem with humidity and it took me a while to get that sorted. it has been between 40 and 50 range since the second week of flower. As far as heat stress goes I don't think that has been a problem. My temps have been between 70 and 79 and a little lower when the lights were out. My light is a Mars Hydro TS 600 which gives out very little heat. With my hand at canopy level the heat from the light is hardly noticeable. Light stress, maybe. I have had the light at the minimum distance from the canopy as per the manufacturers recommendations at 12 inches ever since she went into flower but it is only in the last week or so that the leaves have looked like they do.I have since moved the light way up. I thought it was all part of the 'Fall' process as the leaves are cannibalised. So if I have possible foxtailing, light burn and / or naners what is the prognosis? Is she ruined? I have sampled some of the larfy lower buds and they definitely pack a punch considering that I have force dried them. Feels CBD heavy to me but I'm not an expert
          Thanks for all the advice. You Guys and Girls are amazing
          Stay safe

Good Luck to you NorthEuropeanGuy even with the stress she's had that's good news for the sample. I've had sick plants go on just couldn't wack them do to need. Nope you cure and smoke that plants gifts, it will be fine
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• NorthEuropeanGuy
          Editing a comment
          Thanks SoOrbudgal, I'm still optimistic that things will come out OK. I've got anothe NLA just germinated so it will be intersting to see how she fares now that I have all the variables under control

Your pictures don't show up on my phone, so I can't see.
        But I've grown a good many NLIGHT autos, mine come from Nirvana, an they all took very close to 100days, before the showed amber on the calyxes. Maybe that will help you some.
        Your plants look great to me, I don't know why though when I click on your pics, to enlarge them, nothin happens.
        Your doing great for your first grow, congratulations! !
        High temps, when flowering, will make your buds look funny,
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• NorthEuropeanGuy
          Editing a comment
          Thanks D.A.A.S.69, wow is that 100 days from germination? Mine is at day 88. I love the people on this forum, I would be lost without all you good folks. Stay safe my friend

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your welcome, Yeah that was from when I first saw green poking up out of the soil.
          Nlights, autos are not know for being fast finishers, but they are well worth waiting on, to fully mature, great smoke, some of them get real large to, for an auto.
          Nice yeilds, of good hard bud.
          This really is a great site, nice folks on here.
          Have fun, an patience, another week or two, you should see some amber.
          Good Luck with your dry an cure. It's easy too.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X