No announcement yet.

Anyone in for growing trees? Summer Grow 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put these girls out on the porch on saturday. Was in the mid 50s and sunny. Last night and today we had around freezing, some snow and a lot of wind. Still looking pretty happy so far though.

One white widow fem I got for a freebie, and 2 seeds from last years harvest of unknown strain,

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200413_163039.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	740.6 KB
ID:	394806
    Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

We call this, ahh, creative engineering, ya thats it creative engineering. If these girls get much bigger I'll have to find a green house. LOL IF the almanac is correct the 15th will be our last frost this spring (in my area), 2 mornings to go! They are saying snow in the early morning, wont be more than a dusting (I hope)
      A Shock Trauma has shown his balls, and meet his end, also the Piebert male was pulled. I will keep the BB3 male and make a few seed with him. I have more BB3s to plant outside after these next cold days are gone.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang it LOL what ever works man that's one way to protect them LOL. I just got a shelter logic tent had it for few years now and it's held up really well snows, heavy blowing rain but dang it sun don't hit it till later in morning when it does bam heats up fantastic but I still wait for another week Rwise now there is a " stimulating check essential " buy a GH

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Most likely I will use that to pay off my CC (long story). I do what I must to protect the girls, been snowing very lightly here since 9 PM with nothing on the ground.

One more cold night to go, 0 snow on the ground, as soon as the snow stops I will uncover them, and recover them before dark.

Comment

I am glad I did not listen to the weather folks for last night, they said no frost in my area, and this fine morn they say it is 39*F, I have frost! Just how is it the Old Farmers Almanac is more accurate than the current conditions per the weather peps? It looks like I am at least 7* cooler than it is at TIA (where the official readings are taken), winds are calm and I expected 5* (lower) dif as usual.

Comment

Everything in the shade still has a bit of frost on it here.

Comment

Frost last night, tonight and tomorrow. Rain to snow Friday night. No 60s for next two weeks. Winter came late. Crazy.

Comment

Looked out and the cover came off the Sock Trauma. I grabbed the gallon spray jug, a little water and out the door! She had no sign of frost, but I sprayed her down good anyway. Frost is all gone now.
              FunkyButtLovin I think it gets colder your way than here!

Comment

Yes we hit 31° this morning. For my area April 15th is the official day to start planting. We had to cover a whole bunch of plants yesterday evening.

And just for comparison a little over a week ago it was 93° here.
                You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                  FunkyButtLovin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same here man, It was 91 I think a week ago today.

A few pics on a nice day, all are well!
                Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking good Rwise I just rolled my girls back in the GH for the night. It's been cooler because of the constant breeze we get off the river. Been thinking of instead of staking in the pots once they get big I may just make some cages. Here I am already thinking of heavy cola branches boy don't we wish.

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am hoping for heavy loads myself, or should I say planing! LOL

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
                It is spring in the northern hemi, time to get things growing. These pics from yesterday morning after transplanting the day before, sun was just up. Here we have a BB3, GG4, DGD and SSK, I have 2 more that go here, and 6 more for the GF. As I get the soil built, and the plants moved into it, I will get pics of them. I also hope I did not get the soil to damn hot, each of these pots has a 50 lb feed bag of rabbit poo in the soil, ground leaves, all organic. I must rack up more leaves to grind, after the rain moves through, plenty of rabbit poo on hand.

Ok not really a competition, just some fun and sharing knowledge, mistakes etc.. Each person wins as they gain knowledge and a nice stash at harvest. Any strain/hybrid planted/cloned (auto/photo anything goes), in the spring and harvested in the fall according to your area. Of course we all like pics!
                Heres my start, so whos in for growing trees while we are all locked in?
                no i am not growing but its looking nice

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you are on the north side of the planet, drop some seed and join in the fun!

Setting here watching the temps go down (31*), glad I covered last night! It is getting harder to cover some, I used wires and pulled the limbs in a bit so they dont rub the covers. Weather peps say this is the last frost, I hope they are correct!

Comment

We got a deep frost here in Toronto There's no way I could do what your doing right now with these temps if they don't start warming up Abit..I think I might have started my indoor to early..oh well they'll get a good start when I put them out.hope everything works out for you rwise.

Comment

Ya, I took a big risk going outside so fast, this morn "should" be the last frost for the spring here. I'll still watch for that strong cold front to come in late! I do agree with starting indoor, and going outside when the weather permits. The advantage is huge, some of my girls are 20" tall with it just now being time to plant the seed outside.

Comment

Rwise I went through the same thing last year and my plants were roughly the same size the plants that did make it grew very strong and I found had more resistance to heat bugs and higher levels of moisture in the fall.. according to my journal so who knows you might have a very good grow this year fingers crossed.

Comment

• Rwise
                        Rwise commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Last year I learned a lot about how to grow in overly wet years, hope the fall this year is a tad dryer!

I moved mine outside yesterday here in northeast Oklahoma. Two sour diesel, a northern lights, and a green crack.
                      4x4 flower tent
                      sour dream
                      Blue Diesel
                      Trainwreck
                      platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
                      Green Dream
                      Sour Dream
                      blue dream
                      Freakshow

Comment

• Rwise
                        Rwise commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice, now 3 more LOL, do be ready to cover, you are north and east of me, and I will be watching for that stray storm!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X