X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple Kush Autos 37 Days Old - Yellowing Leaves

HI
    -first time auto grower, used to growing photos-

I have 3 PK autos all 37 days old growing in 3 gallon fabric pots. 40% amended soil from previous grow( bone meal and Epsom salt and d.lime and kelp ) , 30% compost and 30% perlite.
    They each get a liter of water every three days that has sat out. I add cal/mag at half strength and make sure that the waters ph is at 6 - 6.3.
    Did a soil test and the soil is at 6.8.
    I have fed them once so far at week 4 when flowers started. 4.0.1 at half strength with some molasses, cal/mag at half strength. PPM 502. PH 6.2
    At one liter of water per plant there is not much run off to measure.

Using 2 LED lights at 30 inches above the canopy. Temps with lights on 25 - 28 C. Temp with lights off 20 - 22 C.

The yellowing began just before the first feeding and just after they started to flower. I figure even though I was gentle doing the lst, I slowed her down a bit, but I can't figure out what the problem is. It looks like she's over fed but my experience is with photos only. I'm not a big fan of feeding weed. I just figure the soil should be the provider.

ANY help would be appreciated big time. We really need these girls to provide us with a little smoke while we wait for our photos to mature. If I have left out vital info let me know and I'll correct/edit

Thank You, Stay Safe

Peppercorn

I'm thinking that the soil was contaminated as a possibility? Also are the pots really good and dry prior to next watering? I would like to see as others would a full photo of plant if possible. The way we try to correct the issue is to flush the soil with twice as much water just water this could be nute lockout from previous grow soil not flushed? I would do a flush as stated but please if you can post full plant photo. Size of LED and brand Thanks and best of luck.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Peppercorn
      Peppercorn commented
      Editing a comment
      the original soil was FFOG and I did not use nutes at all first grow. All photos were organic. ( i'll upload more pics ) I only give 1 liter every 3 days.Ph'd to 6.3 . I like to wait until the pots are nice and light. When I water I do it "Emilya" style. ( 420mag ).
      Last edited by Peppercorn; 03-30-2020, 07:39 PM. Reason: typo

Are there a lot of yellow leaves lower down on the plant?

Comment

• Peppercorn
      Peppercorn commented
      Editing a comment
      ​here are the other pics......ty btw ​

• Peppercorn
      Peppercorn commented
      Editing a comment
      yes....seems rando but on lower leaves first like a N thing.

ok...once again
    Attached Files

Comment

I haven't any experience with your growing medium but maybe a little iron wouldn't hurt, maybe some additional nitrogen.They are definitely not getting too much Nitrogen. Might be why the yellowing is primarily on lower leaf sets. Nitrogen is mobile so it will get pulled out of the bottom leaves to feed the top where the buds are starting to come in.
      If you try adding a little iron try to get the chelated version_it will work fast. They don't look too wet or dry so just flush first and try another application of full strength nutrients until you get 25-35% runoff, wait a day, give them another application of half strength until 10% runoff and then wait 2 days and see what happens.
      Good luck, hope that helps and if not I hope you find what does. Cheers ...
      Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

ZigZag is this Purple Kush from Seedsman? If so, is it the CBD strain? I’m currently growing this and have noticed some strange growth with mine as well. Think it’s bad genetics. Luckily, I’ve got about 2 weeks left and she’s getting some fat colas.
        Current Grow:
        • Amnesia Auto Fem (Advanced Seeds) (1 gal contestant)
        • NYC Diesel (Advanced Seeds)
        • Strawberry Cheesecake (Seedsman)
        ​​​​Nutrients
        • Dr. Earth Organic dry amendments
        • Bloom City Organic- Foilar Spray, Cal Mag, Silica Boost, and Root Stimulator
        • Incredible Bulk Organic Bloom Booster
        • Dr. Earth Golden Bloom Organic Flower Enhancer
        • Black Strap Molasses
        • Mega Crop all purpose nutrients
        • Flower Fuel bloom booster

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X