No announcement yet.

The showdwon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a first. I could see one of my branches hanging, so thought I’d just tie it up. It was snapped. Something bore a hole into it and caused these nodules everywhere. I sliced it open and couldn’t find anything inside. It had a blowout where it snapped and another one closer to the top. Good thing it’s just a side branch. Anyone ever seen this shit before? I never have. I use diatomaceous earth to keep bugs from my roots, but I never spray them with anything. I’m a ‘au natural’ grower.
    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Man @Retoddy maybe one of those big old horned worms did it?

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      It's certainly a holey terror.

Latest update for the Gypsy Widow. Upped the nutrient strength to full as many of the lower fan leaves are turning yellow.
    The colas probably won't be longer then 6 to 8 inches but there are lots of them. Added another 100 watts of light to insure there is more then enough to do the job and have better penetration. Running just over 600 watts of LEDs temps are up around 32C most of the time and watering takes a gallon a day. Every 3rd or 4th is water only.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy shit John thats one plant, what training did you do, how long did you veg, what nutrients did you use I wanna know it all lol ,
      WELL DONE

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      hey oldjarhead100
      Sorry for the late reply. Missed this comment. Started germination Mid march and finally sprouted near April 1st. Grew this one in coco/perlite/plus about 10% soil in a 15 gallon fabric pot. Used Mantis nutrients at full strength for 3 months veg and now switched to Green Planet Nutes now at near full strength for flowering. The plant has been on an adventure going from 2 different tents to the green house and back to the 4x4 tent to finish. Been topped several times and suppercropped along with some LST. Think that about covers things. lol.
      Last edited by JohnEmad; 07-28-2020, 08:16 AM.

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Lookin good!

Damn outstanding grower JohnEmad i got to do a monster for winter oh the seed decisions hmmm
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Budgal, I appreciate your compliments.
      It's been a blast learning to grow with everyone here. So many good growers like you and well too many to mention.
      Hope White Widow is all it's supposed to be.
      Can't say I am looking forward to the trimming for that one. lol.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      yes shes calling for a bowl trimmer might save hours ,You can cut one branch and trim it up then do another so no wilting will happen good luck

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      I have my wife to help and yes, good idea, take our time and trim a little bit at a time until done. Thanks for that idea.

When we do grow big plants that is how we do it also. But these autos are a breeze to trim, less than a hour for a whole plant LOL
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Weekly update for the Gypsy Widow.
      Flowers are building and she is eating fan leaves fast. been adding more nutes more often to combat it but the hot temps don't help with things. The tent has been hovering around 34 to 36C or well over 90F for almost 2 weeks. So watering 3 gallons every second day.
      She looks so nice to me. I just sit and stare at her sometimes...lol.

Comment

Getting into the later stages of flowering now and have tied up all the heavy branches to support the flowers. They are already heavy and sticky but I expect things to only increase in size from here to harvest. maybe 3 weeks max. Seeing lots of cloudy trichs with a touch of amber. Going to let things get very mature before I chop me-thinks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200816_094517_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	972.5 KB ID:	437146Click image for larger version  Name:	20200816_094506_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	992.3 KB ID:	437147Click image for larger version  Name:	20200816_094517_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	972.5 KB ID:	437148
        Last edited by JohnEmad; 08-16-2020, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Wow! week 7 of flower already and trichomes are mainly cloudy with easy 10% amber. Have gone to ph'd water daily. I have had this plant on 2 different nutrients during its grow. Mantis buffered Nutes for the veg and Green Planet Dual for the flowering.
        I expect to be starting a staged harvest in a week or so. As you can see from the pictures the heavy flowers have caused me to support them in several places. For a White Widow cross I expected more frost but
        this plant has sticky, dense flowers and I am looking forward to trying it. It looks so nice.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20200822_121643_resized.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	621.3 KB
ID:	439390Click image for larger version

Name:	20200822_121748_resized.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	660.5 KB
ID:	439391Click image for larger version

Name:	20200822_121611_resized.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	477.0 KB
ID:	439392Click image for larger version

Name:	20200822_121902_resized.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	709.1 KB
ID:	439393Click image for larger version

Name:	20200822_122054_resized.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1,005.4 KB
ID:	439394Click image for larger version

Name:	20200822_121652_resized.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	798.8 KB
ID:	439395Click image for larger version

Name:	20200822_121952_resized.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	788.7 KB
ID:	439396

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Boy i'm looking forward to seeing your harvest weights wet and dry. Outstanding grow by a dang fine farmer.

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks alot SoOrbudgal. I will post weights of course. My best guess is it will be close to 12 oz's dried but who knows. I will let this plant go until she has eaten most of the fan leaves I think. Lots of amber to offset the sativa side of this well known strain. Ya, I have a passion for growing and these plants have rewarded me time and again. After my 1st grow I was not so sure I could do this very well(4 plants and 3 oz lol) but again. Who knew?

8 weeks or so into flower and I found a touch of bud rot so have started a staged harvest. Damn rot!
        The plant has produced very dense, heavy buds with weights that surprised me. I know I was tying branches up all over the place so I guess it shouldn't be such a surprise.
        6 hours of trimming today which probably covered 1/2 the tops with more tomorrow perhaps if time allows.
        Wet weight is 1350 grams so we could see a lb of dried/trimmed bud out of this girl.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200829_092627_resized.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	914.7 KB
ID:	442071Click image for larger version

Name:	20200829_092635_resized.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	792.5 KB
ID:	442072Click image for larger version

Name:	20200829_092424_resized.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	575.4 KB
ID:	442073Click image for larger version

Name:	20200829_092453_resized.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	599.1 KB
ID:	442074Click image for larger version

Name:	20200829_092351_resized.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	569.4 KB
ID:	442075Click image for larger version

Name:	20200829_092444_resized.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	662.5 KB
ID:	442076

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful the perils of heavy colas

Final entry for the Gypsy Widow, This was such a long grow I forgot that the best picture was the way to enter. So my last picture of her in the tent from the previous post will have to do.
        Over 4 months from start to finish.
        Thanks to Retodd and Spidermite for pushing me to grow a big plant and everyone else for their encouragement. It was fun and I learned more about growing in larger pots. and outdoors.
        Here are the final pictures 403 Grams dry @ 58%. 13 jars. 14.4 oz's.

Comment

Here’s the top off my grapefruit. Whole plant won’t give much and I’m not competing. I had to chop this one early. She’s way too dense and getting rot here n there.
          Attached Files

Comment

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            wow thats a huge cola my friend. Glad you are getting some plants to flower this year.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            wow nice kola

All done and have a couple trays of shake n leaves to add to the rest for this winter. I’ll add the rest for making honey hash.
          Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X