I'm shopping, help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm shopping, help.

Looking at these two lights for my April 1st purchase. Leaning towards the philizon 250 with 240 watts, fits my tent better with my current philizon 1600. 330 watts. I'm not sold on the marshydro products because I've heard bad things about warranty. Philizon is great for backing up their products. First 2 pics are philzons and second 2 are mars...this will go at the back of my tent and I'll move the 1600 towards the front a foot. 1600 cor coverage is 3.5x3.5. And the 250 is 4x2. Anyways can someone sway me in either direction? Both are fairly new to the scene. Thanks all.
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

I bought the Mars hydro Tsl 2000 after purchasing two of the tsw600’s and running them a few months, I finished a couple of plants in flower with the 600’s about 4 weeks time and I liked my results. I went back and forth with the spider farmer and the Mars hydro. So I will try and keep the forum up on how I feel the lights are doing. I’m happy so far. I know none of this helps you but some of this light picking will literally drive you nuts. Good luck on the purchase though, I have been where you’re sitting it’s not easy.
    4x4 flower tent
    sour dream
    Blue Diesel
    Trainwreck
    platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
    Green Dream
    Sour Dream
    blue dream
    Freakshow

Comment

• ChefSheri
      ChefSheri commented
      Editing a comment
      Booger789 Great minds must think alike (see post below); I think it was you who recommended the Infinity fan, and I bought one of those, too! The t4.

After a bit of research. I like that the Mars has epistar SMDs while thee philzon doesn’t even say what brand they are running, same for the driver Meanwell is a well know reliable brand and also it’s dimmable, philzon is not and I’m not sure what driver they are running maybe more research required, I like that the Mars one runs a few more red spectrums than the philzon to, but I caught all those unreliability reviews on the Mars light (I’m also Canadian) on Amazon. So after that it was a toss up. A good warranty on a grow light is pretty key but If it was me I would do some research about the philzons driver and smds see what’s going on and make my decision from there. But that’s just me I like to experiment with different lights. Kinda wanna try an hps soon just to pay some respects to the old school growers. Happy shopping bro.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Note that the Mars hydro may come with generic drivers, still variable but generic.

• Booger789
      Booger789 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine came with the generic drivers,

I haven't used either of those lights but they are the same format as the ones I used to use which were about 4' long and 4" square. I used two of them about 16" apart and they produced awesome PPFD over the entire grow area 4'x6' and deep penetration as well. each of the ones I had were 750 watt. I used a dimmer too when needed_ especially during early growth and once it came in really handy because I had two tall 6' plants that would have gotten toasted if I couldn't have dimmed them a bit. The ones I used were the Fluence VYPRx. Currently I'm using their RAZRplus which is a 4'x4' light bar. I LOVE IT! awesome PPFD and great penetration and it has a dimmer and can be mounted as close as 12" over the canopy.
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Love love love my TSL 2000, went back and forth between Mars and Spider Farmer, decided on the Mars since it has a wider footprint for about the same price (and in my tent it's all I need). If you need expert help, Eric @LED Grow Lights Depot can help you make the call, but don't be surprised if he tries to sell you an HLG -- I just bought a cute lil 65 for my veg tent from him. Have fun with the research, I always do

Comment

Here's some more info. They have the meanwell driver. Replaceable. Seem to be using the same LEDs an most higher end lights that don't use Samsung LEDs probably going to snatch up the philzon. Maybe 2. We'll see come the 1st wish me luck
        GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Jordann man if I wasn't so hooked on my vipars I would of gone with those philzon. These newer models are sure hard to decide on.

• Jordann
          Jordann commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal. Tell me about it. I'm looking at their 2200watt led that's the same size as my 1600 which puts out 330 watts and the 2200 I'm looking at puts out 440. Which would be 770 in. A 4x4 tent...with my 50watt supplemental lighting in each corner for a total of 970 watts in my 4x4.

Thanks everyone for the input here's some pics of where my plants are at in flower

Comment

• ChefSheri
          ChefSheri commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty, pretty, pretty. I have a question for ya -- I see you're using the GH full line, and I'm using the Flora trio for the first time, so which other of their supplements/additives would you recommend? I have a ton of stuff made specifically for soil that doesn't seem to apply to coco, and I'm in early flower right now. I'd like to give them a bump, but damn, I don't want to buy the entire Go Box.

• Jordann
          Jordann commented
          Editing a comment
          I like their maxi bloom and bio thrive.... liquid cool bloom to beef up the weight, it seems to have made a difference in past grows. Diamond nectar and flora nectar. Both for improving taiste. But hard to know if it makes a difference without a baseline plant to compare it to. I'll throw a feed chart down below basically lists most of their products. I've tried a couple other brand fertilizer and nutes but I keep coming back to GH for simplicity and proven results to myself. Basically use the above plus their 3 part grow bloom micro line plus their calimagic. Just the 3 part plus calmag have given me tested proven results without using any other supplements, well molasis as well. Hoping to help. Their grow box is a pain because it gives different size bottles and some won't make it to the end of first grow, depending on the size of the grow. I prefer to order individual bottles. You can pick between a quart or a gallon. Once you try the quart if you like it get the gallon. Most of what goes for coco will work for soil. I'm growing in my own mix which is about 30 to 40 percent coco with a couple different soils and promix. About 40 percent perlite to 60 percent soil mix. It's not that far off from growing in straight coco. I like my mix it holds water longer and has some NPK in it to begin with so I don't have to worry for the first 4 to 6 weeks.

Here's their feed chart. Which I use at about 75 to 100 percent strength depending on the plant. I mix separately for each plants needs. Not mix one batch for all 8 plants.

Comment

Thank You, Jordann. For coco/perlite I was of course using the Calimagic too, forgot to mention. Switching from soil after all these years kinda makes me feel like a newb again, which at my age is not such a bad thing! But I closed down the basement grow room and moved the operation up to a tent in the spare bedroom/pantry, so the switch had more to do with me not wanting mud in the carpet. But I'll tell ya, I really miss that drain in the basement floor. . . . LOL . Thanks again for the advice, sweetie.

Comment

• Jordann
            Jordann commented
            Editing a comment
            Not a problem, I feel ya about the mud. Me tents are in a carpeted room as well. Vacuum every day or 2 and have a mat where I leave my room to wipe my feet off lmao. So I don't track dirt.. and leaves into the main parts of the house

Sooooo. Change of plans for the moment. The first 2 pictures are the philzon 1600 that is in my 4x4 currently and draws 330 from the wall.

The second pictures are of the philzon 2200. Draws 440 Watts from the wall. It's likely....80 percent likely I will be ordering this light. They are a great company and good warranty, 2 years and they honor that. If your light burns some LEDs here and there. They send you a new one and let you keep the old one...

So with that being said, that would be 770 watts with both switches on both lights, which is how I run them, plus 200 watts of supplemental lighting in the corners...who thinks 970 actual wall watts is too much for a 4x4 tent. Is their such a thing as too much? I might need to supplement with extra CO2 which isn't a problem, I have everything I need to do that in storage. Any input people? Would be just over 60 watts per sq ft of floor space. I don't think that's overdoing it really.

Comment

Also leaning towards this. Been kicking around the idea of getting a marshydro for a while but....the price..

Comment

Hey Jordon, From those specs if you were to get two of those lights, hang them about 12"-16" apart and about16" from the sides/walls of your tent then you'll have a very even PPFD over your entire canopy. Because of that you'll get good penetration across the entire canopy in your 4'x4' spce. The dimmable driver is a great feature too, very nice to have that option. I also found that having a small fan blowing across the lights did a great job of keeping them cool, Even with the heat sinks they will probably get pretty hot. I didn't realize this until I touched one by accident. With the fan they stay so cool you can touch the aluminum no problem. Whatever you end up with Happy Growing!
              liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Likely going for this. Ordering tomorrow so not completely sold yet. I have the 1600 in the tent now and it does great things for the plants but only core covers 3.5x3.5 so 2 of them, one will be a foot from the back wall and the second will be a foot away(give or take)from the first, then it will be approx a foot from front wall. Will cover good and the plants get moved around every day or 2. The 2200 is a 4x4 cover so I'll have a good hotspot over most of the floor of the tent. I'll probably get two of the marshydro 250s start of may when the pockets.. replenish their currency lol. I'll keep this post updated on what gets bought. Like I said I'm not sold on anything at the moment. Just know where I'm leaning. Another 4x4 tent next month. Will be 3 opulent systems 4x4x80s. If anyone's looking for a tent under 150 that's well built with no light leaks. Jump on it if you're looking.

Comment

Sounds to me like you'll have plenty of coverage with that setup. Wish I could have a veg and a flower room too_ much more versatile way to go and you can do an auto or two in the veg tent for backup. Cheers man and happy growing!

Comment

I actually recommend the yehsense 1500

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X