Never ending choices and claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never ending choices and claims

As a newer grower, I’m always looking for a better nutrient system to give my plants. I’ve always leaned more towards organic amendments, but it seems like if you do organic you need multiple supplements. Not to mention there’s a lot that claim to be organic but I’m not so confident they are. So I’m curious- what nutrients have you had the best grows with? Preferably no more than three parts, and ideally an all in one.

* I currently use Mega Grow through entire cycle, golden bloom during flower, and Flawless Finish for the flush.
    Current Grow:
    • Amnesia Auto Fem (Advanced Seeds) (1 gal contestant)
    • NYC Diesel (Advanced Seeds)
    • Strawberry Cheesecake (Seedsman)
    ​​​​Nutrients
    • Dr. Earth Organic dry amendments
    • Bloom City Organic- Foilar Spray, Cal Mag, Silica Boost, and Root Stimulator
    • Incredible Bulk Organic Bloom Booster
    • Dr. Earth Golden Bloom Organic Flower Enhancer
    • Black Strap Molasses
    • Mega Crop all purpose nutrients
    • Flower Fuel bloom booster

I have used the fox farm trio for years and I am very happy with the results. They also have different micro additives for specific times in a grow to maximize your yealds. They are not considered organic as far as I know but they do work. IMO

Comment

Green Planet 3 part nutes for me - add in their ProCal ........
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Future Harvest gives me fantastic results, but I use the supplements. You just won't get everything you need in 3 bottles...
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

My indoor feedings are Mega crop while in veg along with Dyna Grow grow. I do it by the looks of the leaf and plant I can recognize if it needs help by the changes of the leaf and stems. I add Epsom salt to the problem plant waterings. I am using Age Old Organics Bloom during that time it's doing a good job last 2 indoor grows I've done. I'm pushing the amount that's recommended because I believe I under did it in the past. At this time I can't even get a burnt tip...LOL but I don't want to create a issue just saying it's gentle on them. I'd love to put fish/bat guano for veg but I had a " complaint " from the other house member LOL
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Greenlivin
            Greenlivin commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah the Mega Grow seems to work great. I’d really like to find an all purpose organic nute. Dr Earth makes some good stuff, but it’s brutal on your PH.

• ChefSheri
            ChefSheri commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang SoOrbudgal, I'm glad you posted your Nutes, since every time I see your plant pics I think, big bouquet of happy, wonder how she does that!

I'm not organic in the house yet. I use FF. Is anyone using Kushman's Vegamatrix veganic line?

Comment

• ChefSheri
            ChefSheri commented
            Editing a comment
            FBL, I use FF for my soil grows, and Big Bloom IS organic, so I'd comfort myself thinking well, at least a third . . .LOL.
            Last edited by ChefSheri; 03-27-2020, 10:30 AM.

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            haha That is true about the BB.

I'm not knocking nutrients one bit, but if you got good soil, you want need any.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• Greenlivin
            Greenlivin commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you saying you don’t typically use any?? The thought has never even crossed my mind! I’m sure FF Ocean Forest is loaded with nutes.

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            Greenlivin It is but it will still only get you by for 4 weeks max typically.

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Greenlivin no, I don't add nothin, just molasses an teas, the soil has got everything in it, all you need is water, you can buy it or make your own, which is easy, if you got a little room to work with.
            We just happen to live in a State that's got fertile soil on the Ms.River bank, in the Delta area, it ain't rich all over the State though, mostly that poor ass, red dirt, that's hell, to farm in.

foxfarms works great but they do not scale up meaning you can only buy expensive quarts.
          botanicare its just perfection, the correct ratios, the ph, calmag. but cannot get them now
          GH flora trio are shit
          ima start making my own nutrients now

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            I can buy Fox Farms stuf by the quart, gallon, and 5 gallon jugs at my local every day. They can also order it no problem in 1 pint or 2.5, 15, 55 and 250 Gallon. I doubt anyone else offers their liquid nutrients in as many sizes.

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            maybe in the us but not in my country

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            My apologies, I didn't know you were outside the US.

ChefSheri Thank you for the compliment my skills indoor are getting better as I go.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Fox Farm Trio for me and I use there Beastie Bloomz I noticed a weight increase in my harvests after starting Beastie Bloomz. And I use Bembe and yes I know it’s just molasses but my plants really seem to like Fox Farms mix of nutrients.
            4x4 flower tent
            sour dream
            Blue Diesel
            Trainwreck
            platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
            Green Dream
            Sour Dream
            blue dream
            Freakshow

Comment

• Greenlivin
              Greenlivin commented
              Editing a comment
              Damn, from the looks of your list you have a nice setup(s)! Whats your favorite light that you use?

• Booger789
              Booger789 commented
              Editing a comment
              For a cheap light the Bloomspect are decent lights and will produce good buds. The only fair comparison I can give you is between two bloomspect 600 and the two Mars hydro ts600 in my flowering tents. The Bloomspect will finish a plant faster, but the Mars hydro produces a better quality bud and usually larger but it will flower for a couple more weeks than the Bloomspect. But I have high hopes for the tsl 2000 but haven’t had it long enough to give results yet.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X