Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The things we do for weed

Hi GWE easy community,

In these dark times I think we all need a bit of humour. I just wanted to share with you my first attempt at growing weed. Back in the late 70's I was living with my girlfriend now wife in a garden flat in a small block. I had some bag seed and I thought why not give it a try? I knew nothing about growing (still don't really) and without the Internet there was virtually zero information that I could find. I just planted a couple of seeds in a large pot and put it in the corner of our living room. They soon germinated and began to grow. After a while I had two monsters getting on for 5 feet tall sitting in my living room. They just kept on growing and growing eventually reaching around 6ft. Knowing what I know now they were in permanent veg as they were getting nowhere near the amount of dark that they needed to start flowering. This is where things began to get tricky. When we had visits from non stoner folks - relatives etc, I had to get the plants out of site. So every time we had visitors I had to grab the plant and run down the garden and hide them in the shed. It never occurred to me at the time that my neighbours could see all this happening and were thinking to themselves "oh Pete's got visitors again and he's hiding his cannabis plants from them" Anyway eventually I thought this has to stop and I cut them down and hung them up in the closet to dry. Of course they had no flowers so I was never going to get any bud. Once they were dry I cut all the leaves off and ground them up in a blender and finished up with a jiffy bag of green powder. I rolled a couple of joints with it but it did very little other than giving me a splitting headache. So here we are 50ish years later and I'm just about to enjoy my first successful grow of Northern Lights Auto. It may take me a while but I get things right eventually
    Stay healthy folks

Thank You for your post. It's a hoot=funny how when we were young and didn't know much about MJ other than it was prison time if we were caught with it. I'm so glad the times have changed with legalization and at the least more understanding about the value of this plant. The years of persecutions for just " wacky tobaccky" less harm than booze, welcome to the forum
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Sadly, there are still places where it still is prison time.... and that is ludicrous in the 21st century... that Fucking Harry Anslinger...

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
    Thank You for your post. It's a hoot=funny how when we were young and didn't know much about MJ other than it was prison time if we were caught with it. I'm so glad the times have changed with legalization and at the least more understanding about the value of this plant. The years of persecutions for just " wacky tobaccky" less harm than booze, welcome to the forum
    " wacky tobaccky" less harm than booze - Amen to that

Comment

Growing up we would move cattle up into the "Hills" in the spring and summer, we had holding pens that would throw the cattle in, inoculate, brand, remove horn buds and wait on the next batch. When we were done we would never see those pens again until fall when we would move the cattle back closer.

The men who worked for us came out of South America, and after we had pushed all the cattle out of the pens, they would plant "Tobacco seeds" , in the catch pens. Harvest in the fall when we came back. Jack Rabbits would create hell, but they always had "tobacco".

Best damn tobacco I ever smoked.... Still looking for it. Had to learn to grow my own to even come close.
      Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 03-27-2020, 07:29 AM.
      Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
      A tale of two seeds
      Batter Up Sour Deisel
      Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
      New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
      Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X