• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thinking...

Good morning all,
    So I am now 100% legal.
    🙂
    I have a small outdoor area that is totally enclosed. Would it be safe to utilize that area for my girls? This would ease the burden on my utility bill. My concern is the back and forth transition from grow room to natural light.
    Thanks for your opinion .
    Troy
    🙂

Once your weather stabilizes, you can move them outdoors like any other vegetable plant you may start indoors and eventually plant it out in the garden...temperature is your friend or worst enemy so watch the night time drops

Comment

In the variable weather of this time of year I move my plants in grow bags in and out of my barn. You MUST pay attention to the forecasts, and allow them much room for error. If you get caught in a hard freeze you will lose plants. Another downside of outdoors is the ever present insect population. Also outdoors you risk pollination which will not completely ruin a grow, but will reduce potency. Once your plants are acclimated to sunlight the transition from natural to artificial will not harm them.

Comment

When the sun shines, the girls are sun bathing! I went to 3 gallon cloth pots so I can move them around. If you get frosted on, get out before the sun hits them and wash the frost off with water (thats right, hose them down). That wont fix them if they get to cold, I watch the weather, and the radar on line, if TIA is going to be 37*F the temp here (without wind) will be 32*. One must know their area. I see no issue going from the LED to sunshine or back. They do like the real deal better.

Comment

I don't want to come off as an ass but that is a great way to bring bugs into your indoor grow. I would either leave 'em outside and find a way to shelter them during bad weather or wait a bit longer until your average last freeze date to put them out with confidence. Every single person I know of who takes their indoor plants outside to get that supplemental sunshine and save on electricity gets bug infestations and they battle that shit for a long time usually. I do live in a rural place with plenty of bugs though, if you're in a concrete jungle perhaps the bug numbers are much, much lower.

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
            RagWeedDWC commented
            Editing a comment
            Worse case of spider mites I ever had came from moving the brides potted plants in and out of my shed.

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Absolutely, either grow them indoors or outdoors, not both, unless your just hardening off your seedlings.
            Grown plenty outdoors, some years no problems at all, perfect rain an everything ,some years bugs an wpm,everyf-ckin where, with an occasional deer taking a bite or two.
            Ain't nothin like the sun, to grow beautiful plants.
            I reckon it all depends on what your weather is normally like, in your area.
            HappyGrowing

Great points . See that's why I ask. Gonna leave well enough alone.
          Thank you.
          🙂

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X