Should I top my autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I top my autos

This is my first time growing autos. I would like to try my hand at scrogging but I’m not sure if I should top them. Any advice would be helpful. Maybe just let ?

you can get some good info at https://www.growweedeasy.com/can-you...wering-strains

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Good advice about if they are robust and healthy then topping is fine. If they are tall growing sativas and space is limited then possibly top.
      I plan to top some of my current batch of autos.

Im growing my first auto garden myself and I topped all of them, bounced back in a couple of days and doing great now.
    Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

I topped two and FIM'd one (all autos) and they didn't skip a beat.
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Only time when it is not good to top autoflowers is when the node spacing is very tight and close together - otherwise it's always fun and adventurous to top and train.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Like everyone says do it if you feel comfortable. I've done it with while they are young and healthy.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by Bukka View Post
            This is my first time growing autos. I would like to try my hand at scrogging but I’m not sure if I should top them. Any advice would be helpful. Maybe just let ?

Maybe just LST this time to get the feel for the scrog.

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              What are you going to hold them down with? I use 12 gauge electrical wire. You should do both topping and training at the same time - forget the scrog.

Should I change my lighting schedule during the budding stage of my automatics

Comment

i'm main line training my auto, they are doing fine. no need to change the light, i prefer 18/6, but other like 20/4
            Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X