2 Bombs and a Stardawg with Mantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Bombs and a Stardawg with Mantis

I have taken a liking to posting my grows and hope some of you enjoy this one.

Growing a THC Bomb Auto , a Cosmic Bomb Auto by Bomb Seeds along with a Stardawg Auto by FastBuds.
    Germinated both the Cosmic and SD Mar.4th and THC was up Mar.10.
    Growing in coco/perlite in Autopots or 5 gal. growbags.
    currently in the 4x4 tent under an SP250 LED but soon to be placed in the 2x4 tent under the QB.
    Nutrients will be MANTISBuffered Nutrients all in one and nothing else all grow.
    Mantis is 5ml per liter all grow mixed in 50/50 RO and well water.
    My well water is hard with a ph of 7.5. Mantis claims to have a buffering agent that will automatically ph the water to between 5.2 and 6.2.
    I had to add RO to my overly hard well water to make this happen. PH at 5.9. Hand watering until I can switch tents.

Day 19 for Cosmic and SD. They have jumped to a good start. THC is at Day13.
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 03-24-2020, 08:19 AM.

They look perfect and happy, John!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks alltatup,
      I know they will pass that feeling on when they are ready.

Love to read grows

Comment

Day 49 and after ph issues, some flushing and holding my breath it seems things are back on track.
      Wish I could just pass the trouble spots for once and have an easy grow start to finish. But what would that teach me?
      Anyway they are flowering quite nicely with the Stardawg leading the way.
      The Cosmic is already showing lots of frost and the poor THC bomb had the worst of the ph issues but may still do well.
      pictures?...of course.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200421_155554_resized.jpg Views:	3 Size:	959.4 KB ID:	397614Click image for larger version  Name:	20200421_155604_resized.jpg Views:	3 Size:	604.5 KB ID:	397615Click image for larger version  Name:	20200421_155608_resized.jpg Views:	3 Size:	650.2 KB ID:	397616Click image for larger version  Name:	20200421_155616_resized.jpg Views:	3 Size:	885.4 KB ID:	397617Click image for larger version  Name:	20200421_155651_resized.jpg Views:	3 Size:	761.6 KB ID:	397618
      Last edited by JohnEmad; 04-21-2020, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        Those look really nice, sure looks like they're on track. Did you do any topping or training?

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi NC,
        I topped the Cosmic bomb on the left but only did light LST and defol on the other two. The THC bomb in the middle is the slowest and may not produce much. There is a little time left for her to stretch but...not looking promising.
        The Stardawg on the far right is doing the best.

Been a while since my last update on my auto tent grow. Day 62 and flowering is in full swing. I must say that i have been hard on these plants and my 2 Bomb girls are a bit stunted as a result. However as usual they continue even under stress to try and finish their life cycle.
      The top performer is the Stardawg at a little over 2 ft tall and many tops. She will probably be the last to finish so time to get much fatter flowers I hope.
      Cosmic Bomb was topped before the ph issues slowed things down. Still she is super frosty with fat flowers and real sticky.
      THC Bomb has shown the most stress and is the smallest plant. In fact at one point the whole plant was yellow from top to bottom. Green color has slowly crept back with flowers starting to take shape.
      Probably 3 weeks before harvesting can begin.
      I am going to try more Bomb seeds my next Auto grow and really try and not stress them.
      Here are a few pics.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey regardless you got some mighty fat colas. I sure would be happy to have mine look like that yellowish or not Great job JohnEmad

Day 67 and Stardawg is showing lots of amber. Kinda took me by surprise. Started the flush and will take her down in a couple days. The THC bomb was started a week later then the others and is all cloudy with a touch of amber. So quick. Cosmic bomb also is showing some amber so maybe a week for both bomb plants. This will easily be the quickest autos I have grown. Will also be the smallest autos I have had but I take the blame due to overfeeding and not watching the ph level close enough. Still should be some nice buds.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        Great. They left bud grease all over the inside of my screen.

After a short flush it was time to do a staged harvest starting with Stardawg. Strong smelling nice looking flowers. 192 grams wet so far. so should be near 1.5 oz when dry. perhaps that much left on the plant for the second stage in a week or so.
      Cosmic bomb is ready so tomorrow she gets the chop. THC Bomb a few days after that.
      The next round of Autos will be 2 Berry Bomb and 1 Trans Siberian auto. Already germinated and in solo cups. 2 of them just broke ground today.

Here are the pics of the Stardawg. She is supposed to be a quick acting, powerful and cerebral high that slowly turns into a relaxing feeling.Supposed to be good for anxiety, fatigue and stress. 3-4 days and we shall see.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll take 2 please LOL are ya running out of storage places yet? Plenty of room in my cupboard but i'm working to correct it. Autos are pretty fun I think. I'll keep them around.

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        Wish i could just say energize and we could send gifts anywhere we wanted.
        I had to pick up more jars for storage and can probably keep 3 lbs in jars now.
        still trying to give it away when possible but covid makes it difficult.
        Last edited by JohnEmad; 05-12-2020, 06:55 PM.

Cosmic Bomb harvested today. Another strain with super fat and dense buds, Plant was only 14 inches tall but produced 305 grams wet of very frosty buds.
      lots of amber. Supposed to be an uplifting effect. Mantis nutrients do a fine job so far. No sludge build up, very little ph swing plants grow well except for my mistake with ph early. Real happy with the outcome.
      Last edited by JohnEmad; 05-13-2020, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X