New grower need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grower need advice

Hey guys new grower here looking to get some serious advice. I am currently growing Bruce banner auto, gorilla glue #4 auto, and sour desiel auto. They are all about 5 weeks. My Bruce banner I noticed has what kinda looks like rust spots. I’m kinda thinking it’s a calcium deficiency but would like to know what you guys think. I also noticed on all 3 plants I was getting yellow tips and kinda curing up at tip so I figured it was heat stress so I raised my light. I was not using any nutes at all until I found the spots. I was a little intimidated on using nutes worried I would screw up my plants. But I’m growing in a 4x4 enclosure with a mars hydro ts3000. My temp is at 75 degrees consistently using thermostat. And my humidity is around 40-50%. Both photos are the Bruce banner.

Have you tested for ph?
    what is the recommended distance from plants? Example 1500w led is 18”-24” yellowing tips indicated nutes.. but curling suggest heat.. I don’t see the curling so I’d guess it’s still a mute issue and you might need to flush but I’d check everything just to be sure.

Comment

I’ll have to get you more pics when I get off work tonight. But the distance is 18-24” so I I adjusted to 24 when I seen the yellowing of the leaves. So I can still get nutrient burn even when not using nutrients? Also when I’m measuring light distance I measure from light to top of canopy correct? also I’ve been checking the ph of my water which is between 6.0 and 6.5. I’m using fox farms ocean forest and fox farms happy frog. Ocean forest as the base and rest happy frog.
      Last edited by srhking247; 03-22-2020, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Daskahn
        Daskahn commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes you measure from top of canopy to light to get your distance and if you grow in soil.. the nutrients stay in the soil till gone so yes.. if you stop giving nutes but they still are in the soil the plant can get burned that’s why some recommend doing a flush about every two to four weeks.. I prefer hydro so I don’t have that issue to much

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        That Mars is a bad assed light. I have the tws 2000 & 2 tsp 600s. My leaves pray at 16 inches when they are supposed to be good as low as 12" for flowering.

I got these from another grower on here hopefully there helpful. Click image for larger version

Name:	leaf chart #1.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	386591Click image for larger version

Name:	leafe chart #2.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	386592

Comment

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice to see the pictures I posted are helping people just like they've helped me. I suggest everyone that sees these pictures save them on their phone or computer immediately 😁 I forget the original site I found them on.

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Screenshot them when ya 1st posted em!! Thanks btw.

• Daskahn
        Daskahn commented
        Editing a comment
        I did too lol

Comment

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        #2 #3. I have the same on my plants because I'm pushing with the light as close as I can without damaging then too much.

Pic #1 looks like calcium deficiency to me. Pics #2 & 3 wouldn't bother me a bit. Pic #4 looks like damage from leaves rubbing against each other.

I would not flush.

Comment

As soon as you put them up I copied them and printed them off for my grow room LOL. THANKS Jordann

Comment

• Jordann
          Jordann commented
          Editing a comment
          I never thought of that I should blow them up and print them off as well, would look good on the wall.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X