No announcement yet.

3rd Grow - Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, always more to learn and experiment with. I have barely scratched the surface but then only 5 grows behind me.
    Flowers looking good

Comment

June 24
      8 full weeks of the 12/12
      Three of the four indoor plants (The Queen, Beverly, and Athena) look ready to harvest. Seeing cloudy trichs with just a sprinkling of amber. I'll do the chop in the next day or two. May let the fourth plant, Hattie, work a little longer but may harvest and see if I can tell a difference in the buds.

June 25
      Did a thorough look at several buds on all of the plants. Have decided that a jeweler's loop works best for me. Easiest for me to hold steady. Confirmed what I saw yesterday. Cloudy trichs and a sprinkling of amber. Found a few amber trich's on Hattie that I must have missed yesterday. Decided to harvest the plants. The time they have been in the 12/12 is right on the seed suppler's estimate of 8 weeks for flower. Turned off the grow system. Took the grow light out of the tent to make room for the drying rack. When I took the pots out of the tents every plant had bent stems. I hope that's a good sign. It took about five hours to trim. I did a wet trim but left two good sized colas for a dry trim test. I separated the harvest by plant to compare yield. Beverly and Hattie grew the tallest. While Athena and the Queen were a good 8” shorter with Athena just a little taller than the Queen. I can tell just by looking that the Queen and Hattie produced the lowest yield. The Strawberry Cough doesn't seem to have a strong aroma. I hope that isn't bad sign. I'm very curious to see the final yield and hope it's all a good smoke. This is the biggest cola. Came from Beverly.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Heck don't know about the smell some do more than others i guess. I think a bend stalk or stem from weight is dang good. Happy your work is done, now it's waiting for the dry and cure. Be sure and let us know i'm real interested in how the Strawberry Cough turned out.

4202020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats on the harvest! Can't wait to see your trimmed buds and weights

July 3
      After 8 days in the drying rack the buds are very sticky but feel dry to the touch. Temps averaged about 70 and RH 50%. I sampled a small bud. 4 small rips on the bong. It was a nice high. 4 hours later I could still feel it.

July 4
      I trimmed the buds that I left for a 'dry trim'. I didn't notice anything with this trim method that stands out as easier or more beneficial than a wet trim. I'll stick with wet trimming.
      The drying rack has been set aside. It works great but leaves the buds with a flat side. For future grows I'll hang buds in the tent to dry.

I put the harvest in jars today it breaks down like this. Beverly 4.5oz, Athena 2oz, Hattie 1.5oz, and The Queen 1.5oz. Plus an ounce of popcorn buds collected from all the plants. I turned that into a tincture (first one). I was hoping to reap a bit more. I'll be reviewing the grow to see where I might make improvements. Beverly had the best looking buds. The others had more airy buds. I read some more and found that sativa based strains may not have packed, dense buds like an indica strain may have. Note: Research more to better understand how to produce the best buds. Conclusion: Have only been growing cannabis for about 15 months, but find it a rewarding challenge. Thx GWE community for the assistance along the way. Next grow Banana Kush ILGM.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve always used a wet trim. My opinion this is the easiest way
        Congrats on the harvest mate 👍🏻

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah - congrats on a half pound harvest.

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        There is alot to learn about all this canna business. For me 17 months and an ton of growing already. Think I am getting the hang of it sorta. Congrats golfnrl.

So. if i could ask - How was the use of the Autopot system? Harvest was nice. any issues?
      A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        Bootsy Yes the harvest was nice. No issues with the autopot system. I learned a few things along the way. I'm getting to ready harvest the current grow of four plants in the autopot system. I really like it. I'm putting together another tent and already have another autopot system for it.

• Bootsy
        Bootsy commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks. i will likely set mine up in the spring. just am not having any real issues without it, so was thinking of passing it on. it seems cool.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X